Students! Where to find them?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BSTaucer

I didnt doubt you for a minute. I was simply tickled by the comeback.

By the way, do people in Toxteth actualy talk like a 1930's BBC radio broadcaster? I cant imagine a Terry Thomas like delivery with a Scouse accent :tophat:

Sir,

These days, Liverpool is changing and is not quite the place it was even 5 years ago. One who hadn't been to Liverpool in a spell, might not even recognize Royal Albert Dock area for example, so much has indeed changed. For the better and for the worse I suppose.

I should point out, I am not originally from Liverpool. Spent time here as a lad, and inherited a pub about 10 years or so back. I have a smathering of UK locales in my past, mostly London, east end, and Liverpool. Spent 23 years in the Royal Navy, so got a bit of the jargon from all the lads. Now days however, UK is becomming more homogenized and less likely to have such defineable slang and accents, or so it seems.

Best Regards-BST

"Now days however, UK is becomming more homogenized and less likely to have such defineable slang and accents, or so it seems"

Not sure if thats a good think to be honest. I like Liverpool and its.... Liverpoolness! I hope the Albert Dock hasnt gone yuppy. One of the true bastions of good old fashioned English working class spirit and humor, is Liverpool. I have friends in the area. When i visit it's certain to be the best bloody crack you can have on a night out , owing to those lads.

Batty said:

By the way, do people in Toxteth actualy talk like a 1930's BBC radio broadcaster? I cant imagine a Terry Thomas like delivery with a Scouse accent :tophat:

You bastard! Now I have my lunch all over my screen! I have to wait for the maid to come in and clean it up LOL! Do you know how hard it is to read this board through half-masticated chorizo sausage and scrambled eggs???

I'll NEVER tell you about my avatar girl now! :neener:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

That has to be the laugh of the week!!!!!

Cheers,

SD

liquidflux said:

Meeting uni girls and getting them in the sack usually requires a bit of initiative and effort. You'd have to actually unpark your ass from a barstool, get outside nana or cowboy, .......

Hi flux,

Not for me then. :(

Anyway, I am too old. I would guess most uni girls are not yet mature enough to appreciate the advantages of the older man. ::

Khwai

"I'll NEVER tell you about my avatar girl now!"

Oh come on man that was never on the SD agenda anyhow!

By Christ I do seem to have an unhealthy fascination with her though....kinda like 'ok scroll down now you have been staring enough... oh just one more quick scroll up again. Scroll up scroll down scroll up scroll down' ::

Actually will drop this weird avatar love affair right now, in order to avoid offence!

Archived