Keep or lose post counts?

khunsanuk

I voted keep them, as already said 1 million posts means jack shit, but it gives a clue that someone MAY know what the are talking about at least now and again. Also helps identify the Trolls.

As a compromise how about making the display optional for users? (I have always felt a bit self conscious about the number of my posts / time I waste here! - glad I am on my nth reincarantion, albeit I am now back where I started ::) or banding them, like the status of addict / newbie etc - maybe under 10 posts, 10-500 and over 500 posts.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went with what ever...but, I do think some guys are/were obsessed with their post count...and thus posted crap...endless mindless crap, raving how they knew so much about LOS, or their failed relationships...do we really need that crap? I say no...

>failed relationships<

I wonder how many frequent posters have failed relationships due to obsessive posting?

&

is there a direct correlation between the # of posts & the level of BG cynicism?

I am constantly seeking my next failed BG relationship.

note: failed white lass relationships are so hateful that I avoid them at all costs.

without the prospect / hope of more failed Thai BG relationships I would be more likely to consider the Faulklands for my vacations

rookie notice: a failed relationship is not a failed parachute ..

A post count at least gives new posters some idea of the experience of the other posters and therefore the potential for their advice to be worth something. I'm not saying that someone with thousands of posts necessarily gives good advice or has good knowledge of Thailand and that someone with one post doesn't, but there is a trend.

Archived