The silence treatment (once again)

drogon

MaiLuk said:

OTOH, you can go and BF her and take her on a trip to koh samui or some place and tell her that if she would just give you a chance, YOU will prove yourself to HER. Yeah. That'll sweep her off her feet.

-> this is what I intended to do -> go to hua hin......

Now I think it is not such a good idea.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thx very good advice you give and a sensible one

But I do not make this meeting as an important thing anymore.

Sure, I will be happy to see her again but we are not simply ready for a RT.

Will let her know that I am there but I come to realize that it can not work right now for private reasons.

Now that I totally cooled down (not contactd her for 4 days etc...)

my analytic self tells me it can not work right now as she is not ready.

Will leave her time to think and will not push things, so as I made promises I will bring her birthday present etc...

but I will head to pattaya or somewhere else after that.

Except......if she really wants me to stay with her.

Anyway to sum it up, I am a nice guy, she is a nice woman but it can not work now, we need time.

I remember sitting with SSG in a bar someplace, and hearing the Gordon Lightfoot song "Sundown," WHich is about a guy boinking a hooker (read between the lines). Last trip, I was with Goatscrot and Suadam (see how far I sunk?), and I heard it again, The one verse caught me...

"...I can picture every move that a man could make, getting lost in her loving is your first mistake...Sometimes, I think it's a sin when I feel like I'm winning but I'm losing again..."

Words to live by for sure.

The trouble is, there never is an end or closure to these things, it will always be open in your mind...and to her, you will be "a last bus out of town..." The guy she will think/know she can run to when all else fails...or so she and you will think...trust me, there is no closure to be found in this.

If you do nothing, you will always wonder "should I have...what if I had..." No matter what you do, should you fail, You will feel like you should have could have ought to have etc what ever, and that would have made the difference, you will keep going back time and again, always hoping "this time is different..." This will not end until you make it end, and even then some residual pain and bewilderment...

drogon said:... she is not ready ...

Of course also! :)

The 4 day break was excellent. I can empathize with you 1001%. Hope the break has dispelled the cloud around your brain. Good luck. Many philosophers have spoken about what makes us different from the other animals. I think it is the ability to experience terrible pain due to the desire to be with another.

[color:"blue"]Maybe all Thai girls can weave this spell over lovestruck farangs? Even when they are not in their home country..

[/color]

"Love" has nothing to do with where ones are, you have heard, I am sure of romance in the most "unromantic" places.

The difference of behaviour can be one of factors considerred charming. Another factor is "the challenge" for many Thai women make certain males feel like to "chase", silent treatment is ONE of such tricks.:hubba:Some people do not value certain sincerity, they like "mysteries"!

Hey, may be I should not tell you guys the Thai females'secrets? Believe me, I don't have any of those charms! ::

Jasmine

[color:"blue"] Now that I totally cooled down (not contactd her for 4 days etc...)

[/color]

Dear Drogon,

You know how to spell "cooled down" but why do I have a feeling that it is all you know how to do? ::

I understand about the "heat", however, remember "respect" must be earned and a Thai women needs to respect a man who may become her potential partner. Do what certain people told you here, contact her by phone and go off your way, she will find you when she wants to or let it drop! Easy to say for me I know, but most of us have been there, done that.

One thing I hate about Thai women is the way they like to string men along, however this one has been trying to say to you "You are not for me" real loudly but you still don't hear!

Jasmine

>>My advice contact her and let her know you are in BKK. Then see what SHE does.<<

This is also a good idea. But he won't do it because he 'must' see her. He needs something more dramatic for this girl. If he barfines someone else from her bar this will send her into a spin, especially after she told all the girls how she has a farang who is crazy about her and only her. Her ego will be shocked. Sometimes extreme drama is the only course of action.

Before someone says "but not very mature", just remember we are dealing with a bargirl. Drogon's approach so far (will patiently wait for you my darling to come around to my way of thinking) has had the opposite effect intended and is a waste of time. The girl wants some excitement.

To patch things up at a later date if necessary drogon can always claim that he went with the new girl but did not fuck her. BGs deny everything drogon can do the same.

OH said:

If you do nothing, you will always wonder "should I have...what if I had..." No matter what you do, should you fail, You will feel like you should have could have ought to have etc what ever, and that would have made the difference, you will keep going back time and again, always hoping "this time is different..." This will not end until you make it end, and even then some residual pain and bewilderment...

Have to laugh at that because OH's post is way too accurate. Drogon is fucked no matter what he does (same for the rest of us who ever got that BG bug).

MaiLuk said:

Don't go there and be Mr Niceguy for chrissakes. That is certain death for your relationship. Go to her bar and see her as promised, then barfine the hottest looking girl in the bar and leave. If your original girl does not come begging you to take her back and to get her a visa to belgium, then forget about her. If she does come begging, make her suffer for awhile. Then tell her no visa until she proves herself.

OTOH, you can go and BF her and take her on a trip to koh samui or some place and tell her that if she would just give you a chance, YOU will prove yourself to HER. Yeah. That'll sweep her off her feet.

I can not see how that would work. It would be to build a relationship on fear and humiliation, why would you want to do that to someone you love and why should it be a good thing for either you or her?

Old Hippie said:

If you do nothing, you will always wonder "should I have...what if I had..." No matter what you do, should you fail....

Yeah :) or you are standing in front of a door, the door knob is cooking hot and fire burst underneath the door to your feet...

would you still wanna know what's behind that door? ::

There are a gazillion girls on this planet, so why does it have the one who makes him a shitload of problems before the relationship has even started. If she would make it totally easy for him she would probably NOT stand out of the crowd! We always wand and idealize what we can't get!

I believe Drogon that she is a nice girl and I know that he is a nice guy too, that doesn't mean shit, just because they are nice people it doesnt mean they would click together. Their enegeries are flowing in 2 completely different directions!

It is certainly a stupid idea to play this mind games back to her, if 2 people can't find together on a natural way, if it needs tricks to get the attention, how are they supposed to keep this flame cooking?

This girl would have given him a clear YES already if she was convinced it would work. Take your head out of this rope and have some fun!

good luck :D

Archived