Middle East crisis.

Guest baldrick

ML, that was my post about the Iranians and their missle tech. Do a search on a Chinese Sunburst missle. Bad ass mo-fos, and AGEIS is not capable of defending against it.

Remember the Falklands War and the Argie's using Exocets? Their hit rate against the Royal Navy was like 80%. The Sunburst missles are 3x faster and much more accurate.

Cheers,

SD

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for what little I know, or care about the middle east...I say stop all aide to Isreal, until they learn to play nice, stop buying Arab oil, until they learn to play nice, use our supply, and let them all either learn to get along, or else kill each other...we'll igniore them for awhile, come back in five years or so, and talk to who ever is left...fuck them all...

If we left them to themselves would it create an even bigger headache down the road? Technology is the big leveler IMO. Ignoring islam may no longer be a possibility because if we leave them to their own devices we may wake up one morning to a mushroom cloud.

So what can we do? Do we play nice as some advocate? Will that really solve anything for the west or make things worse?

MaiLuk said:

If those missiles can level the playing field by cancelling out US (and others) naval capabilities, that has to be one of the most significant military developments in the last 50 years. There seems to be not too much mainstream coverage of this in the US. These missiles might point up what a waste of money the US navy is and we would not want to know that would we?

It makes one wonder if the 'military option' isn't becoming less and less effective.

I'm pretty sure the Iranians have a bomb or two and that's the only reason the Israelis haven't bombed them yet.

MaiLuk said:

>>The mistake was letting them all get as big and powerful as they did...we (as in the "civilized wordl") should have put the brakes on these lunes before they got things like bombs, Nukes WMD etc...of course, we probably sold them all that shit to start with, but why bring that up now? <<

So you advocate a pro-active military role in the ME. Retroactively that is. But if it was the right thing to do fifty years ago, is it not even more important to be proactive now? Not saying it is, just wondering IF it is.

Simply put, we let these guys become a monster, on all sides. We refused to reduce our dependency on oil, and sold them all weapons to boot...with hind sight being 20/20, I am mearely pointing out that the pst is now comming back to bite us in the ass. Hence, one might indeed conclude that we should stop them now, before it gets any worse.

The reality of this is that we may not have the capabilities to do so...No ideas where China and Europe might stand on this, or who could count on who. Now, assume for a second, there is WWIII, when the Arabs and Jews are gone, will the problem end? no. China, India, USA Europe etc will all fight it out to see who will get the spOILS of war...

Sometimes the only way to win at war, is not to fight it.

MaiLuk said:

As for what little I know, or care about the middle east...I say stop all aide to Isreal, until they learn to play nice, stop buying Arab oil, until they learn to play nice, use our supply, and let them all either learn to get along, or else kill each other...we'll igniore them for awhile, come back in five years or so, and talk to who ever is left...fuck them all...

If we left them to themselves would it create an even bigger headache down the road? Technology is the big leveler IMO. Ignoring islam may no longer be a possibility because if we leave them to their own devices we may wake up one morning to a mushroom cloud.

So what can we do? Do we play nice as some advocate? Will that really solve anything for the west or make things worse?

I thought my idealogical sarcasim was obvious, of course we can ignore them. But all need to face it, Muslims will not have what they want, and Isreal/jews will not have what they want...so fuck them, let them kill eachother, and we'll stay out of it.

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/20060714_chris_hedges_mutually_assured_destruction

Comment #13982 by William Trainor on 7/16 at 6:46 am

From #13922. I don?t know you Fadel Abdallah, but you know me? I am ?whats wrong with the world?...have you been talking to my ?Dad??

Chris Hedges writes lies for money; he is as honest as Fox News.

Take it again Fadel, I lived, loved, and fought in the region.

I seen manly 14th-century brained Muslim men look women up and down and start beating them if their ankles shown. Women, Jews, Christians, it is written in the Qur?am, are 1/2 as valuable as a Muslim man. Its not so bad that the Qur?am states crazy crap as the Christian bible can get a little wacko...but Muslim freaks put their 14th century values on everybody. Ergo, the Jews and Christians must die. If a Muslim converts, its fatwa time for the blasphemer--death sentence.

Those fancy Syrian & Iranian missiles/rockets don?t work so well for Muslim terrorists as their aim is accurate--Israeli Arabs have been killed & an Egyptian merchant vessel was hit. Oh, the Bloody Borders of Islam!

Shalom

Hezbollah has been a irritant on Israels border for a long time, I really don't see the current action as being just to deal with them,Damascus and Tehran are America's and Israels real strategic threat and need to be dealt with.

America look like they've given up their own military response for now, but Israel will do the difficult work initially.

If Iran has( which I doubt very much) any nuclear capability then we are about to discover it, I would not want to be an Iranian over the next few months.

JP

Bkkbound04 said:

Hezbollah has been a irritant on Israels border for a long time, I really don't see the current action as being just to deal with them,Damascus and Tehran are America's and Israels real strategic threat and need to be dealt with.

America look like they've given up their own military response for now, but Israel will do the difficult work initially.

If Iran has( which I doubt very much) any nuclear capability then we are about to discover it, I would not want to be an Iranian over the next few months.

JP

An attack by Israel on Iran would be the ultimate shit hit the fan scenario. Those US soldiers in Iraq would be sitting ducks. How many of them need to die to get the serious missiles flying?

An attack by Israel on Iran would be the ultimate shit hit the fan scenario. Those US soldiers in Iraq would be sitting ducks. How many of them need to die to get the serious missiles flying?

Indeed your concern is no doubt one of the major factors for America not doing its own dirty deeds, but it won't stop Israel or pentagon strategists doing the figures and pressing the right buttons. A few hundred/thousand grunts taken out would not be holding back a plan to place Iran in a pliable position.

JP

Archived