What can Western women learn from Thai girls?

westernwoman

Hi magician,

I enjoyed your posts, very well written.

It is just the way you described thai women, and I was wondering is it only my wife who doesn`t have one single trait of what you described?

Strong willed, independant not subservient in the least bit and argumentative as well.

F*** I guess you did better than me :)

Well, at least she is hot, have a job and a driver license, and by the way, where the fuck is my car? :mad:

cheers

hn

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I enjoyed your posts, very well written.

It is just the way you described thai women, and I was wondering is it only my wife who doesn`t have one single trait of what you described? Strong willed, independant not subservient in the least bit and argumentative as well...

Well, at least she is hot, have a job and a driver license...

Funny, I was thinking the same thing (about myself & my relationship, that is) LOL!

Cheers,

SD

I agree, I think this is a post by a woman trapped inside a man and wanting to be a woman or who is too spineless to be a man and ask for advice or figure the shit out for themselves.

I personally am sick of the way power crazed, western women just keep moaning and holding the world to ransom, over everything that doesn't go their way. Why give em' any more than they've got already as if that isn't enough.

East is better for me every time.

I agree, I think this is a post by a woman trapped inside a man and wanting to be a woman or who is too spineless to be a man and ask for advice or figure the shit out for themselves.

I personally am sick of the way power crazed, western women just keep moaning and holding the world to ransom, over everything that doesn't go their way. Why give em' any more than they've got already as if that isn't enough.

East is better for me every time.

I'm allways bevildered about the 'power crazed western women', the 'feminazis' and similar statements about western women. In general I meet very nice western women everywhere, why don't i stumble accross those horrid creatures?

In my marriage I actually stumble accross the same problems I would with any woman. As I work to much and attend school at the same time I have not had the time or energy to take my share at home, while my wife have been home with the child. It has not been sattesfactory for her and even if we both agreed on me going to school her days have been to uniform and it have brought some problems.

If she had decided to split it would have a real cause, and not being due to her 1)being a thai hussy who only wanted money 2)being a feminazi with pants making demands for this and that not realizing what a woman should be.

It boils down to recognizing human needs for beeing seen, being treated well and equally, experiencing fun and excitment.

Now we both have decided that I cut back a bit on work and that it's more importaint that we have a good time together than me earning more money.

If I had not recognized that she was not happy about the situation, someone could very well have given her what I did not. A relationship requires work and mutual sacrifices.

Same considerations as in any marriage, thai or falang.

If I had not recognized that she was not happy about the situation' date=' someone could very well have given her what I did not. A relationship requires work and mutual sacrifices.

Same considerations as in any marriage, thai or falang.[/quote']

Good catch! Key point is you saw the problem and you both worked out a solution.

My experience, I (the man) was always the problem, it had to always be her (western woman) way...blah-blah-blah.

Years ago, the woman took pride in being a good housewife. Now, it seems that women think being a housewife is like a slave position.

NOT TRUE!

Home engineer, home scientist, home comptroller, etc. A good housewife is of great value and IMO should never be looked down upon.

Being a good housewife, can also be a good mother, finance director and extremely helpful to their husband.

I find that Asia is more prone not to look down n a houseife, but not so in the west.

Is there something you wish women in the west would do too (realistically) or, what do you think they are doing wrong that the thai bar girls are doing right when trying to attract men? You can also email me off the board at thailandstories@gmail.com... I would appreciate any contact info. thanks!

Well what the BG's are doing right is that they will typically fuck anyone no matter how old, fat or ugly they are for a paltry sum in Western terms. Don't know about you, but it seems bleedingly obvious how these thai bar girls are going about attracting men!

But hold on, Western prostitutes do the same, just more expensive and without the charm and general fun lovingness of their Thai counterparts. One reason for the TBG popularity I might suggest. The Western Prostitute vs Thai Prostitute is a fairly easy question to answer.

However it appears that you are comparing Thai prostitutes to the typical independent (Cosmo / Cleo / Vogue reading) Western woman.

It's difficult to pin down what information you are really asking for. Apart from the bleedingly obvious I pointed out above I think the only thing that really leaves is that TBG's are *different*.

The TBG's charm excluding the obvious, lies in being Thai; maybe that's the best tip the Western women can assimulate. Take the good from the bad and act more 'Thai', whilst retaining the 'good' from the Western world.

I know this thread has moved more to a Thai women vs Western women debate which is good. The OP's post just doesn't appear to make sense; and they are not around to clarify it.

The BG I'm with at the moment is 29 and went home to her village for a few days recently. One night she wanted to go out with her friends (which she *really* wanted to do) and her father told her not to. So she didn't. Can you imagine a 29 year old Western women doing this?

I mention it only because I think that this is a good example of how different Thai women are to Western women. Western people in general love their independence; from my limited experience I've noticed the Thais' value interdependence much more as their raison dâ??être.

The broader question of course is what is good about Western women, and what is good about Thai women, and shall never the twain mix?

Your choice, not my business.

Absolutely correct.

I can however still belive that equal rights is a good thing and I can belive that the world are more complex than beliving that thai women prefer the inequality that excist in Thai society today.

Two diffrent things really.

You are absolutely entitled to believe whatever you choose.

I do think that there is more to what you term "inequality" in Thai society, however. Respectfully, I think that what we should be discussing is more accurately termed a lack of opportunity. I do not think that women in Thailand are subject to discrimination so much as they are limited by their feasible options.

For example, a girl with economic means can attend ABAC, and earn any degree for which she qualifies. That said, the discriminator is economic more than talent, in my opinion, and gender does not come into it.

I met a Chinese girl who attends ABAC, she is from Taiwan. Absolutely lovely girl. Wealthy, yes, but she works, and she works a lot, and she is paying the majority of her school fees under her own power. She does not speak Thai. This girl....well, she was very gracious, and very deferential, and very polite, but none of this could be construed as being tantamount to her being "unequal." Her upbringing had conditioned her to behavior that is now lost in the West, in my opinion. She was also very funny, and she has a very quick wit. This is a girl who catered to me naturally, her behavior came to her easily, and a feminist might claim that she behaved in a "submissive" fashion. I think that if you see her behavior as "submissive," that you are seeing through Western lenses. You are not truly seeing the girl clearly, nor are you correctly interpreting her behavior. You certainly are not appreciating the differences in Asian culture compared to Western culture.

Does this mean that ALL Asian girls are submissive?

Some might say so. I do not. Does this men that THIS girl was submissive? Again, some would certainly say so. I do not. From my standpoint, she was delightful, and I like her very much.

I also say that I do not appreciate being labled as someone who wants a asian wife because I want a wife to 'take care of me', but that's m problem and not yours.

I do not think that there is anything wrong with wanting a wife to take care of you. Just as I do not think that there is anything wrong with a wife wanting you to take care of her.

A friend of mine has a Thai wife who has several advanced degrees. She is extremely intelligent, extremely smart. He is wealthy as hell. She cuts his meat for him. She takes care of him with great tenderness and respect. When he comes home, and she has already gone to bed ahead of him, he gives her a backrub before he falls asleep, himself.

Where is the exploitation in that?

Everyone will find their own unique balance in a relationship. I happen to prefer many Asian girls over farang women, principally because, in my own experience, farang women have forgotten how to be women.

Being a woman is more than carrying a vagina.

I can however still belive that equal rights is a good thing and I can belive that the world are more complex than beliving that thai women prefer the inequality that excist in Thai society today.

Equality is a good thing for one who likes it!

I couldn't have all the power in my hands, I would "probably" abuse my powers!

If one is treating his wife fair, if he is not spending his money on other girls, if he is not cheating and if he treats her with respect and tries to give her back in his ways what she is doing for him it maybe will work just fine!

The question is how likely that is!

If somebody wants a "fuck maid" he might have his reasons for that, either he has a small ego or he likes to have control!

There might be more reasons I can't think of right now, you guys maybe wanna fill in the blanks for me!

The reason why I can't make it work with a Thai so far is that I already know what she is going to say next in order to get something! It bores me and I know i just could do whatever I want and she would forgive me! I really don't like that! I like resistance!

Archived