Suvarnabhumi Full Shut Down

bust

Jeez SD you do spend time in planes and airport!!

But why did U accumulate so many miles? Don't U redeem some? Birthday awards are a cheap way to enjoy long hauls F flights and seeing how often you flight it shouldn't be difficult to arrange.

My nose is bleeding all over after the few flights last ten days...home sweet home as they say... or keep on moving... who knows...

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Work hard, play hard, bro! I do redeem miles...see that I have none expiring anytime soon. But mostly that's for family to meet me somewhere when I am on biz trips.

My problem is that I am mostly a "firefighter" and have little warning when/where I have to go next.

Cheers,

SD

But why did U accumulate so many miles? Don't U redeem some?

Look, nearly 20,000 miles for a round trip USA to BKK that's awesome! Why redeeming if you can use them to buy entire round trips, or hotel awards for yourself or nominees?

SD

seems like quite some effort for you to get to LOS, is that your regular route? Rock City --> Chicago --> La Guardia --> Cab to JFK --> BKK (16 hours?)

You gotta be exhausted man!

"Why redeeming if you can use them to buy entire round trips, or hotel awards for yourself or nominees?"

hhmmm... I did mean redeeming the miles for round trips ticket actually... 140 000 is enough for an intercontinental F tix, 70 000 with the Birthday award... but OK with the family gathering I can see SD blowing a over 250K at a time...

Hopefully I'll stay landside for a few weeks now anyway.

You guys enjoy your flights!

Cheers

Kojis

seems like quite some effort for you to get to LOS, is that your regular route? Rock City --> Chicago --> La Guardia --> Cab to JFK --> BKK (16 hours?)

Since I just started spending time in the States again, I really do not have a "regular route." And that was a fuck up by US Air (a Star Alliance partner). Their plane broke down in IAD (Wash DC), so could not come to DTW to go back to IAD and on to JFK. SO I got stuck with that routing via Chicago to get to JFK. And that's the best routing I can get on Star Alliance to JFK in time to meet the TG flight. Likely will not do that one again.

Better options for the TG LAX-BKK, but the timing of that flight is not as nice as the JFK flight. Oh well.

Cheers,

SD

• 1 month later...

Archived