Suvarnabhumi Full Shut Down

bust

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As for the duty free shops' date=' Thailand has one of the most expensive ones.[/quote']

Well I guess it always depends on what you are buying and how you like to draw the picture!

For starters, a carton L&M Reds is 450 baht which is 9.95 Euros. In a Germany store I pay 40 Euros and in a European Duty Free 25 Euros!

More than 60% of the Duty Free Products are corporate products and do actually cost exactly the same as anywhere else in the world. I.E. Biotherm "Lait Corporel" bodylotion. It is 29 Euros at JFK, Barcelona, Madrid, Frankfurt, STockholm and BKK. The same goes for any other product I have compared on the cosmetic market.

A huge box of orchids for less then 1000 baht isn't expensive either.

It really depends on what you are buying. I haven't seen one product (i was interested in) that was more expensive at a "King Power" duty free then anywhere else in the country and that is usually the point of a Duty Free Shop, to buy the product without taxes!

Sure the cigs are deerer at Savanaboom versus LHR or FRA, but did you check prices versus 7/11? (I don't smoke and have my doubts.

But perfume, alcohol, chocolates, books, thai dried food: you think you make a deal buying at a King Power shop? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Orchids? Shop at any flower shop before getting into a taxi I would warmly advise you: saves you the cost of that taxi by buying the orchids :beer:

perfume...

I bought a Gucci " Envy You " for my lovely Nok only to find out that in a German highstreet drugstore it is a third cheaper , size samesame .

A Hermés necktie is about 40 USD cheaper if you buy it at their flagship store in Cologne / Yeorman .

Orchids are cheaper even at the Oriental flowershop in the lobby , and better quality .

Most airport shops are scam , but BKK now is one of the worst .

Sure the cigs are deerer at Savanaboom versus LHR or FRA, but did you check prices versus 7/11? (I don't smoke and have my doubts.

Cigarettes are cheaper at the duty free

But perfume, alcohol, chocolates, books, thai dried food: you think you make a deal buying at a King Power shop? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I wouldn't buy alcohol but I am buying Biotherm Body Lotions "Lait Corporel and Eau Vitaminee + the matching shower gel" Both products are cheapest at duty free (3 EUR cheaper). I also bought "Armani Black Code Cologne" which was 5 Euros cheaper as well. Probably it makes sense to be informed before you hit the shop, I would certainly not buy everything!

Orchids? Shop at any flower shop before getting into a taxi I would warmly advise you: saves you the cost of that taxi by buying the orchids :beer:

Thalenoi, I doubt that, the ones I am talking about are special manipulated and pressed and come in an extremely handy box. They are bacteria free (requirement to bring them through the german customs) and they last 3 to 4 weeks! It is 30 pieces per 700 baht box! If I'd come with flowers from a flower shop I would be the one whose getting checked at the customs which is not a good idea according to the stuff I smuggle into the country! This box is really handy and I doubt the flower shops have them prepared to last that long!

...but did you check prices versus 7/11?

Dude, do you travel at all? Name me an airport anywhere in the world where the water or soda is the same price at an off-site 7/11 vs the airport. Sheesh! It is capitalism in action...the airport vendors have the supply side locked up, so you need to pay if you want it. This is just not a Thai or NBIA issue.

I'll say that a bottle of water is *cheaper* at NBIA versus Don Muang. I paid B30 for a bottle at one of the kiosk restaurants in the middle of the shopping area in NBIA recently, but paid B45 at Don Muang last year for the same thing.

I was just in LAX and was charged US$9 for a pint of Sam Adams draft beer...

Regards,

SD

WHy will guys bitch about beer/barfine prices in LOS, but then go and pay $9 for a beer at home? I mean if you are going to vote with your feet in one place, vote with them in all places that pull this shit...

The new TSA proposal here is to bann any and all food items from the departure areas...so much for the lunch I usually pack when traveling...and watch the prices go even higher when this law passes...

Archived