Wearing Shorts in Bangkok?

Heim_Hung

OC,

Stop trying to confuse the issue by being logical dammit! :D Don't you know those shorts are only there for poor farang tourists to buy and wear! Are you insinuating that Thais wear shorts? In Bangkok? Surely these are Thai tourists come to the big city to gawk? You know, I think I've even seen pics of the 'Big Guy We Cannot Mention' wearing shorts (although when he was younger, and not to any official functions). :smirk:

Cent

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
.....I am proud to declare that I wear nothing but long shorts' date=' t-shirt and sandals whenever I am in Thailand,.....[/quote']

I can't stand these long shorts, look rediculous on blokes. :(

Depends what you mean by long Munchy, I like the long shorts that go to just below the knee. I don't like the ones that are really short longs and not long shorts, they look feckin ridiculous.

By the way, I bought two pairs of long shorts, the ones that go down to just below the knee, from Armani last weekend and will be sporting them in BKK in July. They look great :thumbup:

When your shorts reach nearly down to your ankles what really was the point ? If your knees are showing do you feel naked in public ?

:doah: the first part is exactly what I was saying above, ie, they look feckin ridiculous.

However, it is not a question of whether or not one exposes ones knees, IMO shorts that go down to just below your knees look best. They are also the current fashion so if you shop at Armani, Hugo Boss, Paul Smith etc, that's what they are seeling at the moment.

.....I am proud to declare that I wear nothing but long shorts' date=' t-shirt and sandals whenever I am in Thailand,.....[/quote']

I can't stand these long shorts, look rediculous on blokes. :(

I am happy to hear that, I just love to piss of farangs :smirk:

Actually wearing them shows a complete lack of taste.

I couldn`t really care less. I am here to enjoy myself not to show off my good taste.

And if my standard of dressing doesn`t live up to the expectations of my fellow farangs, well....

I've always thought wearing shorts..regardless of the weather...in BKK, was in poor taste.

Pattaya...and the beach areas, well that seems more acceptable.

And, of course it's acceptable to wear only a jockstrap..stuffed with a sock...when traipsing Pattaya's bars :shocked:

When in Bangkok I like to wear Camel Activewear I think it's called. Reasonable quality and durable I find. I also favour Xact or even Levi for night wear. Good quality sandals are OK for daytime, but never wear these at night - you should be wearing a good quality leather shoe.

I think thongs (flip-flops, slippers) are in poor taste unless you are on the beach or by the pool.

I found it amusing that someone twisted the old saying the clothes maketh the man to mean the exact opposite; particularly because they are completely unaware of doing it.

Also it is mostly a matter of taste. If you can afford to travel abroad, then in my opinion you can afford to dress well.

Archived