Gangrene,Sukumvit beggars again.

Lusty

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For my 500th post

Is gangrene an STD?

gan·grene (gÄÂng'grÄ?n', gÄÂng-grÄ?n') Pronunciation Key

n. Death and decay of body tissue, often occurring in a limb, caused by insufficient blood supply and usually following injury or disease.

There was a guy that came up to me on my last trip and asked if I was from the UK. He was British himself and said he had gotten himself stranded and needed some baht, 100 or so, to get back to his flat. I actually did not have enough with me to give him any and still get what I was looking for at the Emporium so I told him to go to the Londoner near by and ask some of the ex-pats there. He never did it.

When later at the Londoner I asked if he had come by, I was told he was well known as a scam artist of tourists. IE, that he used the same scam on other farangs and pocketed the cash.

Has any one met this guy?

There's lots of them. Prolly the most famous is the Dutch guy who panhandles at BTS stops: http://www.thaiso.com/thaiso-tv/dutch-beggar-bangkok.htm The lazy fuckin' piece of shit should go home!

Twenty years of living in third world countries has turned me into a cold-hearted SOB. I don't give money to ANY beggars. They are mostly scammers and/or run by the local "mafia," and I have neither the time nor inclination to figure which ones are not.

Regards,

SD

There was a guy that came up to me on my last trip and asked if I was from the UK. He was British himself and said he had gotten himself stranded and needed some baht, 100 or so, to get back to his flat. I actually did not have enough with me to give him any and still get what I was looking for at the Emporium so I told him to go to the Londoner near by and ask some of the ex-pats there. He never did it.

When later at the Londoner I asked if he had come by, I was told he was well known as a scam artist of tourists. IE, that he used the same scam on other farangs and pocketed the cash.

Yes! Or one very like him. In March at Golden Beer Bar. Looked like he was out of his head on something. :drunk: I said to him, "If you'd just said, 'Can you give me 100 baht for some beer, please?' I'd have forked out, but you're clearly scamming, so piss off." He said, "Okay, please give me 100 baht for some beer!" I said, "Too late, mate, you missed your chance. Piss off."

We laughed, and parted cordially. I saw him gamely (and apparently successfully) panhandling a couple of elderly female American tourists :clown: :clown: the next day outside the Landmark Hotel and he smiled and nodded at me, tipped me the wink. :smirk:

jack :help:

Yes, I think so, met a rather pushy guy on Soi 11 who was persistent in his attempts to get cash from me. Got rather pushy until I suggested he could blow a katoey for the cash, then he fucked off with a curse or 2. Fuck these guys.

As for the amputees...tough call as to give them money or not. The "Watch lady" near Pomodoro told me the one guy had prosthetic legs and kept them in his car nearby. SHe said he made 3-4Kbht a day. Now idea really.

"...Hi,

"I don't give money to ANY beggars."

Same here. A friend of mine in Malaysia once told me about a beggar he knows. The beggar has about 10-12 people 'working' for him and drives to work in a Benz!

Sanuk!..." -KS

Yeah, I think a few here have reported about the woman at SOi 10 overpass, she begs with a baby or 2...always there, and the kids stay the same age. Sometimes, if you pay attention, you will notice they are different kids.

My wife's attitude I like - sees a beggar with 4 working limbs, should be working, sees a kid, parents or someone should be looking after them, sees a badly deformed person (Note we employ handicapped people, so minor deformities don't count) then she'll give.

Reasoning - no matter how much money you offered her, she wouldn't accept it if it meant making herself that deformed, if they are millionare beggars with 4 limbs missing or some other severe defmormity - good for them she figures

And many thanks for that, bust - that was a real defining moment for me, if not for you I might still be sitting there with my 7-11 cup, sneakin' peaks up the skirts of the office girls.... I've come a long way since then (got my degree, got a job, things are looking up!).

cheers,

YimSiam ;)

Archived