Bulls Head etc.

candyfloss

Do any members frequent the Bulls Head, the Huntsman, Bobby's Arms, or any of the other Brit-type bars that seem to be devoid of girl-flesh and full of expat suits ? I never understood how these places survive. It's not as if the booze is cheap. Are they simply the domain of the unfortunate blokes who are unable to go to PP, Nana, Cowboy, 33 etc. as a result of wives and girlfriends, or are there really people out there who prefer these Bars ?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:yeahthat: Sometimes you just get tired of women & sex. Just last night, I cancelled a date with a sa-mokin' hot - even by my standards - 21 year old clothing/jewelry designer with a tight bod, a set of Cs and great English (Dddave knows who I'm on about) cuz I just did not want to go out and have to entertain a gal.

I'm still shaking my head over this and calling myself stoopid! But that's how it is sometimes living here.

Cheers,

SD

I spend way more time in the "normal" pubs than the girly ones these days. Dunno what other people who live here think, but i cant sit there all night making chat with bargirls, id rather have a few pints with ex pats or read the paper, before picking a girl up, or going thru my list of phone numbers.

Spending every night in the girly bars sounds like a very lonely life to me

The Irish XChange is now Molly Malones, it was shut down for a total refurbishment for August and reopened last Saturday, I haven't had chance to go in yet but I will be there on Saturday for the Rugby World Cup Games.

Before they closed for month they were closed one Sunday and took the spiral staircase out, made the downstairs a lot bigger. From what Mark was telling me the bar has been ripped out and replaced, Plasma Screens all over and a state of the art sound system, I'll post a couple of Pics over on Sunday.

Back to the OP, when you have been here for a few years your priorities change, I spent 8 years of 3-4 nights / week partying until I knocked it on the head back in 1999, nowadays maybe I will go out in that scene maybe once every couple of months if friends are in town.

I like to go to Pubs like Molly's (XChange) and Robin Hood for the farang company during live sporting events, as the Irish would say "Its a great Craic" and as you also noted it is somewhere I am comfortable with taking the wife to.

Not a big fan of the Bulls Head myself either and the Dubliner is OK for 1 or 2 drinks early hours, its a pain going up 3 flights of stairs to pai hong narm after a few pints, and a bigger pain falling down them.

Even during the week when I am staying down in Pattaya most nights I will be in Jamesons, another bar of that type rather than out in the usual Pattaya places, but you need to have self control to actually hold on to a job here. Even when I was living in the UK I always had my "Local", a place you could walk into and know a few of the characters in there and its the same here in Thailand, Jamesons when in Pattaya (well my apartment is right above it) and Molly's in BKK a 5 minute taxi ride from home.

The Irish XChange is now Molly Malones, it was shut down for a total refurbishment for August and reopened last Saturday, I haven't had chance to go in yet but I will be there on Saturday for the Rugby World Cup Games....

I look forward to having a few beers there in about 10 days time. :)

Archived