Anyone Else Want To Try and Lose Some Weight?

The_Munchmaster

Beginning of Week 5. Weighed in this morning - 119.6kg. That's 4.8 kg (11 lbs) dropped in four weeks and 1.4 kg (3 lbs) since last week.

I have to say that although delighted I am somewhat surprised by the latest loss. Definitely didn't think I'd done enough to lose much if anything in the last 7 days! :surprised: I even checked the accuracy of my scales with a pair of 20 lb dumbells and they are spot on.

My eating was fine but I only exercised one day (7 km walk) and I had a few drinks on a few evenings. Nothing compared to my previous alcohol intake but still a few glasses of red wine here and there and a few wee whiskies.

I'm still of the opinion that us fatties are carrying more fluid as well as fat than others and I'm sure that some early weight loss is down to losing this fluid as well as fat. Put it this way I don't think it's physically possible to lose 11 lbs of body fat in 4 weeks?

Still I feel better and the trousers are definitely looser around the waste so something positive is happening. :)

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

the heaviest i got to was 104 (I KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO BE A FAT BASTARD!), now 80. i only have to look at a bar of chocolate and my weight goes up :( ...i spent 90 pounds on a pair 32 inch waiste 'gas' jeans and i'm going to make damn sure i always fit them at that price!

ran 5m in 37.15 minutes sunday...4m in 29 minutes yesterday. legs and core session gym today (squat, leg curls, leg extention, weighted lunges+weighted stomach crunches=pain!!!!)....tomorrow back and biceps day. friday rest day fishing although carting all my kit up to 2 miles at times in thick mud and fen is a kind of training! saturday run (looking at my first 6 miler)sunday total rest and big cheat food day!

food today. huge bowl of porridge (done with skimmed milk) and honey, lunch 4 egg omelette with mushrooms, corgete, orbergeine, toms, grated cheese.....mid day i'll have some rice pudding, then 2 hours before gym mashed sardines on toast an apple and a protein shake. i graze of trail mix or unsalted nuts throughout the day

as travis bickle said from taxi driver!!

''June twenty-ninth. I gotta get in shape. Too much sitting has ruined my body. Too much abuse has gone on for too long. From now on there will be 50 pushups each morning, 50 pullups. There will be no more pills, no more bad food, no more destroyers of my body. From now on will be total organization. Every muscle must be tight'' :crazy:

one other thing is very important to all this aside from nutritian and exercise is plenty of quality sleep. 8 hours per night preferable.

I cant stop loosing weight in Thailand, i drink like a fish, eat 5 Thai meals a day and am not shy about burgers at weekends and im still loosing.

I go back home to UK for a month or to the States and i can easily put on 14-18 pounds in that time.

I think everyone's metabolism is different, have to find what's making you either bloat up or retain fat and cut it out

I think its Dairy or bread for me

Try cutting out them for a week?

A month in and no longer having fantasies involving cheddar cheese (or at least not often). Weight loss is slowing down, but that is not a surprise.

Have confirmed (once) that I simply cannot have a bag of salty snacks in the house. I will eat the whole bag. :evil: At least it was 0% cholesterol.

Did go scuba diving here in the chilly northwest last week. The neck seal on the dry suit was less uncomfortable--sweet. :content:

Interesting, this isn't that hard so far. Does that mean I won't fall off the wagon and gain it all back in six months or a year :question: :( Probably not, but for the first time in a long time (if ever), I WANT to lose weight rather than just intellectually knowing I should. Also, there is the curiosity as to seeing what it would be like to see the south side of 230 lbs again.

My eating was fine but I only exercised one day (7 km walk) and I had a few drinks on a few evenings. Nothing compared to my previous alcohol intake but still a few glasses of red wine here and there and a few wee whiskies.

You doing yourself a disservice. You need to develop a regular exercise routine. Since you are trying to lose weight you should be exercising a minimum of 5 times a week. Make this a top priority. Excuses are not acceptable.

Exercise

Archived