Identifying a proper brekkie

Coss

"potatoes: Not a true breakfast ingredient ".

In USA, there is no such thing as a egg breakfast

in a restaurant that does not also contain potatoes on the side (home fries, or hash browns...preferably the former). They also ALWAYS come with toast. Meats, like bacon, or ham, are optional and often cost a little bit more. In sum, I have never seen an egg breakfast in any usa restaurant that doesn't come with potatoes and toast (unless it's a place like McDonalds...in which case the egg would be on a muffin sandwich, but again, even they add potatoes on the side). BUT THE REALLY FUNNY THING IS: In T-land, only about 1 percent of the "so-called american breakfasts" come with potatoes. In fact, the only one i can think of offhand is that big place on soi 5...gullivers (american b'fast). There may be a few others, but only 1 percent of them come with potatoes. I just cringe when i see them being called "american breakfast" without potatoes.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

personally i don't think anything associated with Potatoes should be included in a breakfast.

hash browns are uneatable when fried to a crisp and not worth the effort.

i hate the trend in European tourist spots where chips(fries)are included in a breakfast.

some Countries think that the English must have chips for breakfast and that to me is a no-no.

only way to eat chips is with fish or in a sandwich..........

How can so many guys get it totally wrong....I ask??

The perfect breakfast is simple....

Have your eggs dipped into luke warm water...(just to make sure there is no shit still clinging to them!!)

Then have the "Chef" lightly coddle them....gradually increasing the tempo until the whites are whipped into a suitable consistancy...

...Any really good "Chef" will make sure she licks the spoon at regular intervals during this process....just to ensure that the desired results are forthcoming....

...Of course....whilst all this is taking place....one should make sure one keeps a good eye on proceedings...

...Preferably propped up by 3 pillows...with a cigarette in one hand and a beer in t'other

JMHO....YMMV

With no apologies to the :wanker: that started the anti smoking thread....

Cheers (Not so) DC

I wasn't talking about what people from different countries like or don't like. I'm talking about

the fact that potatoes are always served (99% of the time) in restaurants when ordering an egg breakfast in almost all parts of the USA. I'm not saying i like it. The point was, in Thailand, the label "American Breafast" in all the restaurants is totally inaccurate.

I wasn't talking about what people from different countries like or don't like. I'm talking about

the fact that potatoes are always served (99% of the time) in restaurants when ordering an egg breakfast in almost all parts of the USA. I'm not saying i like it. The point was, in Thailand, the label "American Breafast" in all the restaurants is totally inaccurate.

You are so wrong, wrong, wrong. Go eat at the diner style restaurants in the South. You will get grits and not potatoes. However you can order breakfast with just toast and eggs. Try the Huddle House or Waffle House.

My most recent breakfast is the whole nine yards at Det 5 (or 7?) in Soi 8.

At 150 Baht is reasonable and well cooked.

One I had at the Soi 8 Pub was 170 bht and whilst good, the Det 5 one wins.

Cheers

Coss

Archived