Scum Bush Plans To Remain in Iraq Forever

Fidel

Mate, as the old saw says: given our bill today, we coulda gave every Iraqi family US$300k and called it a day and still have spent less money!!!!!!!

And of course, they woulda lubb'd us too mutt!!!!

But BushCo's buddies would have gotten ZERO from the US taxpayer teat, so that was a no-go, eh?

Cheers,

SD

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
one day iraq will be history.

you lot are always on cue. america vely bad!

I like America Phil. Great country. Just land grabbing that bothers me. :)

You can't have such a view. Either you support the US exceptionalism 110% or you hate America.

No matter how well constructed your argument it can always be beat by 'why do you hate America'.

I can understand that some think it's perfectly ok to attack other countries, what I can not understand is why they think others attacking them is bad. Either we live in a dog eats dog world or we don't. This 'we are special so we can attack everyone else, but they can not do anting against us. Peace will come when everyone work for our benefit idea seams a bit out of touch with reality.

Surely the bottom line here is that the Maliki government wants US troops to stay? They wouldn't last a week without US protection.

One of my ex girlfriends wouldn't last a week without my financial help either but I was better off leaving. :nahnah: hehehe..sorry,

I want OUT of Iraq. Whatever happens, happens. Hate to be so cruel but I think we're worst off staying that leaving and staying only prolongs the inevitable in whatever form it comes to fruition. We (America) has a long history of propping up governments that couldn't stand on its own. If the people want a theocracy its going to happen. If the recipe for civil war is already there its going to happen anyway.

I say we make one last attempt to get all interested parties within and without the country together and try and come up with a solution before we leave. All 3 factions within, Iran, the Saudis, Turkey, etc.

If we were doing that now, Syria, Iran and factions within who all have various levels of control or influence with insurgents could have a cease fire and agree on a temporary solution if not a permanent one.

Its the wrong war. We went in for the wrong reason and Bush is arguing to stay for what may seem the right reasons. Its a bad tree and the fruit is poison.

I'm not saying the Maliki government deserves protection CS. It was a US creation anyway, so was the CPA and the so-called constitution. But it will be used to rubber stamp some kind of document legitimizing permanent US bases. There is a lot of pressure to get the thing signed before Bush leaves office. The US doesn't want a referendum. I don't see how any solution that satisfies all parties including Iran and Syria is possible as long as the US stays.

You can't have such a view. Either you support the US exceptionalism 110% or you hate America.

No matter how well constructed your argument it can always be beat by 'why do you hate America'.

I can understand that some think it's perfectly ok to attack other countries' date=' what I can not understand is why they think others attacking them is bad. Either we live in a dog eats dog world or we don't. This 'we are special so we can attack everyone else, but they can not do anting against us. Peace will come when everyone work for our benefit idea seams a bit out of touch with reality.[/quote']

I assume you're being tongue in cheek here AF....I think it's possible to like America without approving of the Iraq invasion. 80% of Americans feel that way according to some polls. The fact that 'the surge is working' doesn't seem to have changed many minds.

Guest lazyphil

i know i ramble on about euro losers stealing land all over the globe in the old days, back then there was no instant global media to feed back to old worlds, imagine if there was and they saw the horror and total injustice of it all on tv like we do, perhaps things may be different now??. believe it or not i'm against the iraq war and think its wrong and futile. but we somehow assume we, the civilised world, should know better, we see it for what it is, greedy,selfish and ruthless going to war in iraq for oil. back then it was glorious adventurers crossing the oceans in search of a brave new world, still greedy, selfish and ruthless. nothing changes. and it seems never will. the lands plundered before were not blessed with the title of 'cradle of humanity', just a bunch of savages. had there been the internet years ago we could have a thread 'scum washington plans to remain in 'america' forever'.....but eventually the euro losers decided to name football teams after once noble native tribes, its all a bit weird to me.

Archived