2008/2009 Football Season.

sayjann

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"He wants to be known as the greatest manager ever to grace the english league. Some may say he is but others, notable Liverpool can claim managers that won cups in Europe and titles domestically."

he doesn't need to want to be known as the greatest manager in the English league,he is......

his record speaks for himself.

any other manager during the history of the Football League guided a team to 10 League titles and 5 FAC winning teams and 3 European trophies?.

2 League cup winning teams also.

i know the last compie is looked upon with ridicule but you still need to get into the final.

and not forgetting the 8 domestic trophies and 1 European while managing in Scotland when he broke the dominance of the Old Firm.

yes Liverpool can claim more trophies but under more managers,none of them can match Fergies achievement.

the big difference now is that Managers do not stay at Teams for very long,so diffucult to match his record.

Fergie has been at MU for over 20 Years and i doubt i will see another Manager do that at any Team in my lifetime.

if that's the case then i hope the US Government will honour AIG's partners and make sure MU get the rest........

thanks for the photo of the Terry incident.

i thought it was yellow card at the most but he definately fouled Jo.

maybe not a goal-scoring oppurtunity but a foul is a foul.

so he got away with not even a yellow card for his actions,what does this tell other Players?,that you can commit a professional foul and get away with it?.

no stain on his character once again despite being naughty at times............

It's a clear foul. Damn clear.

IMHO absolutely ridiculous to reverse a relatively minor error (even that's arguable) like this one and not a 'goal' or 'offside' which have a far greater impact on a game. Why not let these minor incidents stand as well, just in fairness to say...players, managers and fans. Refs make mistakes and I think that's what we accept when we decide to get involved in this sport.

This is just ridiculous!

Fergie, the greatest? Greatest ass! lol (joking man yoo fans, don't get your knickers in a twist as you all say).

Wenger could manager for 20 but he won't. He'll leave before then. The rest won't be given the chance to manage for 20. Had Graham not taken the bung, he'd be managing for 20 as well. Arsenal have a history of keeping managers for a while, sometimes to our own detriment, but the board usually supports managers more than most other clubs.

Wenger could manager for 20 but he won't. He'll leave before then. The rest won't be given the chance to manage for 20. Had Graham not taken the bung, he'd be managing for 20 as well. Arsenal have a history of keeping managers for a while, sometimes to our own detriment, but the board usually supports managers more than most other clubs.

let's see.........

Man Utd Managers since 1945.

Sir Matt Busby.

Wilf McGuinness.

Frank o'Farrell.

Tommy Docherty.

Dave Sexton.

Ron Atkinson.

Sir Alex Ferguson.

Arsenal Managers since 1945.

George Allison.

Tom Whittaker.

Jack Crayston.

George Swindin.

Billy Wright.

Bertie Mee.

Terry Neill.

Bertie Mee.

Steve Burtenshaw.

George Graham.

Bruce Rioch.

Arsene Wenger.

i won't include Stewart Houston or Pat Rice who caretakered for a while without getting the job permantly.

so MU have had 7 Managers since 1945 while Arsenal have had 13.........

so Arsenal have had almost double the amount of Managers in the last 60 Years or so than MU.

MU have kept their Manager for an average 9 Years while Arsenal's Managers have lasted an average 4.8 Years since 1945.

where is your argument now that Arsenal like to keep Managers for lengthy periods?.

and in that time period Arsenal have won 23 major trophies and MU 32.

MU have won 4 European trophies(forgetting the super cup and Intercontinental Cup)as opposed to Arsenal's 2 European wins and MU's have been more major.........

Arsenal have won the League 10 times since 1945 under 5 Mangers whereas MU have won it 15 times under 2 Managers.

i know i'm just comparing 2 Teams but 2 Teams i like to look at.

Liverpool's Managerial record might be better but i doubt it since the Days of the boot room.

Man yoo represents 'most other clubs?' :smirk:

3 managers since the '80s. I'd say that's support, wouldn't you? 13 managers in almost 70 years and we have to look at the managers that left on their own accord not forced out.

Had Fergie lost that cup final to Palace in '90, he'd have been on the chopping block. Graham was given time and only his own doing forced us to get rid of him.

I was getting it from all angles from some gooners on a forum I belong for this, but I have to say I'm very impressed with Keane's management of Sunderland.

Bringing them up after coming in midseason in the championship is amazing. Staying up, even moreso and I he looks to be on track to keeping them up.

Perhaps its all a dress rehearsal for the job at Man Yoo when Fergie leaves. Hopefully Wenger can force an early retirement...hehehe

Good win over Bolton today to get to the top of the table which I would assume will be temporary. Fulham aside, two away wins at Blackburn and Bolton two clubs that have given us trouble in the past. Good thing we were able to go there when the weather is not as bad as it gets when we used to go there in November.

Stoke getting a draw at Liverpool. You never know where you drop points.

Hoping for a Chelsea win but a draw will be the best result for us. Would love to see the scum drop points as well. They've been going on all summer about how they're going to kick out one of the big 4, hoping it will be us. Another false dawn for the scum.

Archived