2008/2009 Football Season.

sayjann

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

same same Liverpool.

MU started well but after 30 Mins got overpowered.

before the 1st half finished i couldn't see them winning.

i always have this feeling that MU have to score twice to have a chance of winning.

not the strongest team started with and i was crying out for Fletcher or Berbatov to be bought off and Tevez bought on.

Berbatov is meant to play in the RVN role but too often drifts around and not where he should be when needed.

i know only 2 games into his MU career but i'm not convinced yet.

Deco injured and an unfit Ballack playing instead should have given MU an advantage but they failed to take it.

i like the look of Evans and always have,no wonder Keane wants him at Sunderland.

VDS is becoming a liability in the big games,age catching up on him?.

apart from the Goal we never really tested Cech and for a team that normally creates chances at will that's a disappointment.

but still early days..............

MU usually have slow starts, I'm still worried about them. 9 or more points from Chelsea and you have to worry about not catching them, so in my mind, still catchable, its very early days.

Villa do look good. O'Neil is a good manager. Hard to see who is going to down. Stokes and WBA probably but not sure after that Hull is challenging and playing well.

Wenger said the Carling Cup squad he puts out may be his youngest ever. The oldest member may be 23 y.o. Fabianksi the keeper, then Bendtner at 20, a few players at 16 and 17. Average age may be 18 or less. Amazing if they pull it off.

Rumor is Ramos is legging it back to Spain. Says his wife misses it, they aren't settling into London at all.

Scum's real problem is Levy.

i see a lot of doom and gloom from MU supporters but things are not that bad so far.

after the first 4 games they have 5 points which is the same as last Season.

and after playing Pompey,Liverpool and Chelsea away they have gained 4 points.

in the corresponding games last Season they also gained 4 points,

and at least we have got some of the hardest away games out of the way early on...............

Wenger plays his youngest starting XI ever, average age around 18.5 and they put 6 past the Blades! Vela is exciting. They all were. Fielded 5 Brits as well for the start. We have some very good homegrown players in the youth ranks that will make a big name for themselves.

Right now, I'll go on record as saying that not only Theo will be a starter for england but Jack Wilshere as well. Ramsey will take over from Giggs as being the best Welsh player of his generation.

West Ham just will not give up......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7632324.stm

they lost the 1st court case and ordered to pay 5.5 Million in compensation.

they then appealed to the Court of Arbritation for Sport and seemed to have lost that appeal as well.

2 appeals lost and still they seem determined to carry on even though the rules say that if you go to the CAS there is no right of appeal.

they have even admitted breaking the rules.......

West Ham just will not give up......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7632324.stm

they lost the 1st court case and ordered to pay 5.5 Million in compensation.

they then appealed to the Court of Arbritation for Sport and seemed to have lost that appeal as well.

2 appeals lost and still they seem determined to carry on even though the rules say that if you go to the CAS there is no right of appeal.

they have even admitted breaking the rules.......

This is wrong.

The first case was not a court case. It was a Premier league tribunal. We were fined, if I remember correctly, £2.5m for an illegal contract and £3m for concealing it. There was no compensation to Sheffield Utd.

The next tribunal was at FIFA's instigation which stated that the penalty was reasonable as was the lack of a points deduction.

The most recent was initiated by Sheffield Utd who, unable to have us forcibly relegated to their benefit, still figure that us breaking a rule and staying up and them being shit and going down is unjust.

ok,my take on the situation.

West Ham broke the rules(and they have admitted the fact)and 'lost' 2 tribunals.

but they still claim they are the innocent victims in this matter and that they should not be punished any further.

well i think they should,some people at the Club knew what was going on and that it infringed rules but they carried on thinking a little fine would be the outcome.

granted Sheff Utd caused their own downfall,no doubt about that that but West Ham gained by the performances of Tevez in the last few games when perhaps he should not have been playing.

i have no gripe with West Ham and have no real interest in this matter but West Ham broke the rules and that has been proved so they should stand up and be counted.

I read this letter on a(sarcastic) footy website and it made me laugh.

"With all this talk of who to blame for the whole Tevez-gate and subsequent £30M compensation claims made by Sheffield United everyone seems a million miles from pointing the finger at the real culprit...

STEVEN GERRARD!!!!!

If he hadn't blatently dived to win Liverpool a late penalty in the first game of the season to earn a draw, Sheffield United would have been two points better off and avoided relagation at the cost of West Ham."

Archived