John Edwards Admits Sexual Affair

rogueyam

Politicians are better than soap operas.

Here is my favorite: James Edward "Jim" McGreevey (born August 6, 1957) is an American Democratic politician. He served as the 52nd Governor of New Jersey from January 15, 2002, until November 15, 2004, when he resigned from office. McGreevey coupled the announcement of his decision to resign with a public declaration of his homosexuality and a claim to an extramarital affair with the Israeli man he had appointed homeland security adviser, despite having no qualifications, and who was threatening to sue McGreevey for sexual harassment. McGreevey was the first and, to date, the only openly gay state governor in United States history"

Well, he was only openly gay at his resignation announcement.

Presently, he is not making child support payments because he claims he has no money and is, get this, studying to be a minister.

Oh, I can see it now. The first gay Televangalist. Now, there's a group that make politicians look like amateurs. Check out Benny Hinn - lives in a multi-million $ home in Del Mar, California, travels in a private jet.......

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That many presidents and heads of state in the 20th century have kept mistresses is common knowledge and was virtually ignored by the press.

That Edwards decided to lie about it is incomprehensible, but then lying is a natural instinct to politicians of all colors.

The trash media will go into a feeding frenzy then move onto the next victim foolish enough to deny what is a perfectly natural practice amongst real men, getting a bit on the side.

Isn't this old news? Seems this affair was reported 10 days ago in some of the tabloids and gained no traction.

Makes you wonder why the mainstream media ignored it for so long. Had it been Hillary or Obama or any Republican this story would have been on the front page of the NY Times or SF Chronicle back then, even without prettyboy's acknowledgement.

Do you think he will step up and take the paternity test as he said today he would?

Really, who cares? What is the point of having all that power and fame if you can't use it to get laid? Seriously, society demands these guys be married to add credibility to the office and all that bullshit, so they marry, but everyone knows they fuck around. Frankly, I want these guys happy and fucking all the bimbos they can, the more they fuck them, maybe the less they'll fuck us.

As for the "morality issue" that is mall bullshit, look at all the republicans who have been married many times. Think they divorced their wives, met a nice new girl, dated, and waited till marraige before having sex? FUCK no! They were all fooling around.

Look at Pat "my son was born 7 months after I married my wife Robertson, the great moral crusader, and Rush, "I have been married many times, and lied about my drug use/addictions" Limbaugh, Ronald "gee, I can't remember a thing" Regan how many times was he married? Think he wasn't fucking around Hollywood? George Bush Senior, rumored to have carried on with who was it? Newt Gingrich and all his escapades...

Does any of this mean these men were less than the great leaders and spokesmen you often claim them to be? Did their actions mean they did a bad job while in office? NO!

Here is a news flash, men, people in general like sex, we love sex...but for some fucked up reason we have to make some pretense that we don't and that somehow it is morally wrong to get some.

I'd love to see a swinging playboy type president, stripper poles in the white house etc...maybe a Charlie Wilson type of guy, got the job done, and had a hell of a lot of fun as well...I'm tired of all these uptight old white guys running the country, time we put the fun back into the American lifestyle!

The magazine that "leaked" the story was The National Enquirer. Considering there other stories, ... I am not going to comment any further on this.

Doesn't make it any less true, but yeah, how embarrassing for the mainstream rags to be scooped by a tabloid... :o

Is there really any difference between them any more?

But what does this Edwards thing have to do with the current Prez campaign? In case you failed to notice' date=' he's not in it anymore...[/quote']

He has delegates at the convention, he would have been expected to speak at the convention and campaign for Obama, his wife may have spoken at the convention, he may have been in line for a high-level appointment, etc. The guy is a major leftist player. It's news, dude!

You conveniently failed to even acknowledge the bit about McSame being a bigamist -- a far bigger story than the Edwards thing, but one the "liberal" media just swept under the rug...

Cheers,

SD

So? JFK was a bigamist.

That's news to me. He was really married to two women at the same time? Or at the very least had a new marriage license before he was divorced? Any backup on that?

As OH said, he was an adulterer, but not a bigamist. Adultery is not a crime AFAIK...

Cheers,

SD

Archived