High Tourist Season for Thailand - how bad will it get?

Tiger Moth

They say 4,6 Million TEU / Year which is 2,3 million 40 foot containers . 1,15 million in and 1,15 million out . roughly . meaning they move about 6300 40 foot boxes in and out every day ???

What might that be , fried cockroaches , coconut , tom yam or what ? I am surprised .

Thai rice exports in 2008 are estimated to increase to 10 million tons despite an anticipated contraction in the second half of the year. During January â?? July 2008, rice exports totaled 6.9 million tons. Rice exports for the rest of the year will likely level off to a monthly average of 500,000 â?? 600,000 tons, as compared to an average of a million tons during the first seven months of the year.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Not usually a ST hotel but at 500B could be.

I see folks from the EU stay there 1 ~ 2 months at a time.

There is another place on soi 93, usually rented by the month for 5000 ~ 5000b, plus your utilities. One room, with cooking in the room. I stayed there 10 years ago and it was OK. It is 1/s Km from Suk, so walking distance but very local, no pubs in the area. You have to get out to Suk to find a few Thai pubs around Soi 89 on Suk.

Archived