Trust Amongst Buddies

bust

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand this business of injecting hurtful things into others' lives.

Southeast Asian women pretty much understand what goes on when men go out for a drink, they just don't like having it rubbed in their noses.

My brother-in-law pissed me off early enough in life at the dinner table in Manila, while my pregnant wife was present, bragging about what a good time he was going to show me out on the town after dinner.

We had a pretty good time but, as it turned out, he paid for a floor for me in the whorehouse that only did BJs. That was fine, but I'm sure my wife suspected I got a lot more because of that guy's loud mouth.

In other words, I felt cheated! :shhh:

Amongst my social circle of expat friends here we have a simple rule ... "What's said at the Table Stays on the Table!"

Over the years 2-3 people have not followed this and soon found themselves ostracized. Friendship and trust is hard to earn but easy to loose.

As we tend to hang out with the same type of expat friends, this is true for me as well.

TH

Agree with a lot above - but getting back to Bust's case (and others perhaps)

How did you find out about the breach?

1 - Are you relying on a 3rd party or worse a girl you both know to be telling the truth? I think this is a very important part of the equation.

2 - What is "Trust" - maybe if party A suggest action "A" and Party "B" doesn't do that and then as party "A" is pissed off they decide to do something to party "B"

We're all hyper sensitive about certain subjects - I think the truth about events is always open to a frank discussion on both sides.

For example, a good mate once pissed me off by doing something that he thought wouldn't. I never told him I was pissed, but it may have led me to doing something that pissed him off.

Tit for Tat to keep it on topic ;)

This is an essential ingredient in expat friendships. We have some couples we see when they are in Thailand that if the husbansd and I go out with the boys, I do not let them see me take a girl because I do not trust them to not tell their wives. To be honest, I also sometimes get uncomfortable if I go out with someone regularly and they never do anything.

TH

kebabs are expensive on soi5 now???

After being lied to by one expat, another one tried to extort me some money....

After that I kept private things for myself and except for a few people on this board I wouldn't trust any expat in Thailand anymore.

Archived