Trust Amongst Buddies

bust

Just wondering where you draw the line when it comes to experiences with the ladies.

I know most of us openly discuss our encounters amongst ourselves both here on the board and in person but I always believed there is an unspoken law of confidentiality.

Having just had someone completely blow the lid on that theory and completely at a loss as to why I am just curious to know how others would react if one of their "mates" broke that trust.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good question, and I'm with DS on the answer, I just can't imagine it happening to me.

I have a few message board friends in LA whom I've partied with in Thailand and at home, but our social circles don't intertwine with other professional/personal circles so there's really no danger. These guys are much more savvy about LOS than I, and have more to hide professionally. Besides, at work or elsewhere, I've never really tried to hide anything.

Fuck, I remember hooking up one innocent young co-worker making his first business trip to Thailand with Stef, Angel and Farangman at the height of the dance contests. Talk about frying pan into the fire! I was monitoring the young lad's activities on a message board and sharing the info with certain co-workers. That should have been a serious breech of code, but it was all very out in the open to begin with.

The kid had a good time, too. :beer:

Amongst my social circle of expat friends here we have a simple rule ... "What's said at the Table Stays on the Table!"

Over the years 2-3 people have not followed this and soon found themselves ostracized. Friendship and trust is hard to earn but easy to loose.

Can you be more specific? What exactly was said or done? It is one thing to talk about the girls we fuck, it is another for a "mate" to trash talk you to others, or in the worst case, rat you out to your wife.

That said, there was a guy I was :friends: with, and he did turn on me, took things out of proper context, made shit up, and then blabbed his version to others. It caused a riff in our local group, and he is now not friends with any of us, as he has been kicked from the herd. I dislike people like that.

Lets face it OH - most people are shit. We moan about various character flaws in Thais, but how many of those same failings are abundant in our own Farang brothers and sisters ? Have only had one woman ever openly admit that she bitches about her friends and co-workers, and her justification was 'Everyone does it !'.

Rumour, innuendo, slander and Chinese whispers - the scandal rags outsell everything else by around 5 to 1 at newsagents here in Oz : hopefully, your mileage varies.

'What happens in Thailand stays in Thailand' sounds completely fair to me, but I dont hang with the in-crowd down at the coffee shop.

Gobble

Archived