I'm a Alcholic and I admit it

Mekong

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting thing is, when I posted I had a drinking problem years back, it actually helped. Guys on this board are supportive, especially in person. Good bunch here.

As I have said before, I feel very close to strangers here I never met, than I do to some of my family...or what passes for my family.

I have finaly accepted the fact that my drinking is more than acceptable to my health and the wife is sending me for 28 days in Rehab as a Christmas Present, wish me luck I need it!

Good luck mate. Glad to see you used the word "accepted"

So many people admit they have a problem...but never do anything about it. Acceptance is the first step in taking some control back and putting some action into place.

Mekong, all the best chap. Smart move, good choice.

Are you looking at a 100% stop or moderation in future? It's a real nightmare to break. You'll need a lot of long term support. You'll always have my full support, hope you know that...if you ever want to have a chat, by all means consider me available. Hope to see you in the new year. Good luck to you and yours.

I'm trying to quit smoking at the moment. Not easy either!

Guest lazyphil

good luck mekong, i was drinking a bottle of red wine a night and cans of beer on top of that or down the pub, woke up and smelt the coffee and gradually lost interest in drinking and have been off it for 2 years now, not had a drink since march, might have a pint over xmas down the pub and a glass of wine over xmas dinner. you can live without it, i get stick from people for being a square lol, i can live with that!

Archived