Does a good thai girl exist ??

cheekyboy

I know a young woman with a hiso surname and two Chula degrees who makes around 25K baht per month at her government job, and easily spends that much in one spa visit.

Mate, (the board is too slow for a conversation, so forgive me, but) doesn't this anecdote just totally shoot your opinion in the foot?

Cheers,

SD

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know a young woman with a hiso surname and two Chula degrees who makes around 25K baht per month at her government job, and easily spends that much in one spa visit.

Mate, (the board is too slow for a conversation, so forgive me, but) doesn't this anecdote just totally shoot your opinion in the foot?

It is not the job, but high status equals your net worth in today's Asia (my argument)...

Cheers,

SD

"...I will bet that the history of the term GTG came about because there was a need to identify girls that weren't whores. Not because there are so many whores in Thailand, but because the guys posting on forums tended to spend a disproportionate amount of time with whores..."

I would argue the vast majority of women in Thailand are NOT whores. The rest of the statement I agree with.

I think guys want a "GTG" for a few reasons 1) some guys just want a decent girl girl. 2) Some guys figure if they have a "non pro" they can save money 3) Some guys get off on "dirtying up" a nice girl 4) a lot of guys want to present themselves as some sort of "uber punter" and proclaim "I don't need whores, I am man enough to get a "GTG" with out paying..."

It is not the job, but high status equals your net worth in today's Asia (my argument)...

Isn't that true everywhere except when we are talking about young people (20s to early 30s)?

Saw stickman's submission and thought it was a perfect example of the one-upsmanship about the GTG term. So now a GTG can only be a traditional and old-fashioned thai girl that will only go on chaperoned dates?

I can't speak about Thailand but here is what I've observed in Korea and Japan. The traditional girls are a dying breed. Often, the girl will act traditional in front of parents but can't wait to act "normal" once out of their sight. Much of good behavior is acting the part in deference to older people but you have to be able to tell what is real and what is pure show. There are of course girls that are still traditional but I wouldn't call them the norm.

CTO is certainly close to the truth...

What defines a good Thai lady IMHO?

I would say that a perfect (almost) "good Thai lady" is the one able to overcome the barriers placed on her by her culture/family and follow her heart/feelings........But who is also very conscious of that and feels some guilt while going ahead-> thus entering the complex world of "mixed culture relationships".

:dunno:

Now I do believe in luck and soulmate

Straight (STG) sounds a lot to me like "Sturmgewehr"

(see STG 44)....

If it is was flashermac I would suspect some irony as a reference to how dangerous a hurt TG can be...

Knowing it is you CTO What do you mean by straight?

Not lesbian/gay? Straight to the point?

:confused::dunno:

I wuz gonna say loads but actually I have to say I think drognot said it all, or almost.

I do have to say that if Sticks idea of a 'good' Thai lady is one who acts with Victorian attitude and is incapable of letting her hair down in the right situation then I for one dont ever want one.

In fact I've a mind to start a new faction, RTG, or Real Thai Girl, one in touch with reality in the world we live in, NOW! Not your schemeing lying cheating manipulative sneering bitch of a whore(sorry if that covers entire womankind for you OH :D ) Nor your chastity belted snigerring forever 14 year old (apologies to all that want what Stick seems to imply he sees as 'good' :dunno: )

I'd say extending the realm out to RTG would encompass many more women that guys here connect with. That is to say they sure would NOT consider themselves BG or the equivalent and yet neither would they meet the strict criteria as set forth by the puritanical Mr Stick. And yet from a western male perspective and on many different levels they are truly good!

Archived