Obama Is Quickly Establishing Himself As a Loser

Hugh_Hoy

Well, Obama's charisma approval remains fairly high in the polls...much higher than approval of his actual decisions and those of his administration.

In only three months, Obama has started fucking the country on many fronts. Principally, in dealing with the economic "crisis". Aside from the HUGE bailouts of banks and other financial institutions, his Treasury Dept. is now floating a balloon that would have the Government pay off second mortgage holders to the tune of BILLIONS of dollars. WTF? Why should taxpayers make good on somebody else's debt and make a second mortgage holder good? OMG ! Is that fucked or what?

So-called "stimulus" money has been primarily nothing more than social welfare.

Tax increases on the "wealthy" start at 250 grand. I got news for this administration: 250 grand is NOT being wealthy.

Obama's administration is allowing the stoppage of water flowing to crops in California, which will put thousands out of work, cost farmers a year of growing season (and maybe thousands of acres of dead fruit trees) and the demise of business in many ag communities. Why? To protect some stupid-ass fish that seems not to be able to adapt. These fuckwit environmentalists and their Demoncrat sympathizers would rather have some insigificant fish have place to swim than to put food at a reasonable price on people's tables. They don't seem to understand the principal of "adaptation" that thousands of species over the ions failed to make. Those species are no longer with us. And? BFD ! Extinction of a species is not a new phenomonon. Gawd...can we hope that the Demoncrats become extinct?

Ah, shit. Don't even get me started on Obama releasing previously classified info regarding GITMO and almost begging the prosecution of some lawyers who provided legal advice to the Bush Administration. Obama has finally shown himself to be an apologist and self-rightous wanker.

In the meantime, Obama finds time to travel the world while "Rome" burns. Hillary must be smiling broadly at the thought of hitting the campaign trail again in 2012. Go Hillary. Go Girl!

Rant over. (for now)

HH

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do feel better know. :D

Now you now how the moderates and left felt when GWB and his government began to ruin the country and they could't do anything about for years.

:content:

I would recommend a serious teabagging session to cool down.

;)

Do feel better know. :D

Now you now how the moderates and left felt when GWB and his government began to ruin the country and they could't do anything about for years.

:content:

I would recommend a serious teabagging session to cool down.

;)

Khun Kamui...thank you for your concern about how I now feel. Yes...I feel much better now. Sabai, sabai. :content:

I'm afraid, however, that what took GWB et. al. eight years to do has already been exceeded by the neo-libs now in control...and the promise to expotentially fuck things up is not excused by fuck-ups by GWB.

HH

The term "wealthy" (250K) has been an international standard for what say the last 25 years or so. I am surprised the amount hasn't risen but it is a term the US just borrowed. The administration DID NOT create as this RUSHed poster implied...

As to his travels, the more the better. He is doing a great job getting out there and restoring and more importantly changing the US's reputation, image and creditability.

I am glad he will be in the white house for the next eight years. It will at least take that long to undo the damage Reagan economics and Bush's foreign policies have done.

I expect Obama will get some high marks for his first one hundred days in office. I just love what he is doing to right wingers as evident by the poster's verbal stroke....

CB

:rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl:

Let's see, a 63% approval rating for the first quarter in office. Gee, that's better than even your beloved St Ronnie, better than anyone in 33 years!

And since Obama got elected with just 52% of the votes, even the moderate must GOPers like him.

Try again HH...senility must be a bitch, eh Gramps? :neener::clown:

Cheers,

SD

Politico has a piece today, exploring why President Obama is largely unaffected by the controversies the right has tried to gin up.

[color:purple]A Democratic president thrills a French audience by telling it that America has been "arrogant." He brushes aside 50 years of anti-communist orthodoxy by relaxing restrictions against Fidel Castro's Cuba. He directs his attorney general to ease a crackdown on medical marijuana and even plays host to the Grateful Dead in the Oval Office.

Several times a month in his young presidency, Barack Obama has done things that cause conservatives to bray, using the phrase once invoked by Bob Dole, "Where's the outrage?!"

The outrage is definitely there, in certain precincts of Republican politics. What's notable, however, is that it mostly has stayed there -- with little or no effect on Obama.

He has been blithely crossing ideological red lines and dancing on cultural third rails -- the kinds of gestures that would have scorched an earlier generation of Democrats -- with seeming impunity. Obama's foes, and even some of his allies, are a bit mystified.[/color]

The author, trying to get to the bottom of this, considers a few angles, including the lack of Republican leaders to lead the charge against the White House, the generational shift, the rise of progressive infrastructure, and the sudden lack of salience in culture-war issues (Obama inviting gay families to the White House Easter Egg Roll barely raised an eyebrow).

But I think there's probably more to it. For example, some of the Obama-related "outrages" aren't exactly outrageous. There's no need to be "mystified" when the president remains unscathed by silly and inconsequential "controversies" manufactured by partisan hacks. Indeed, some of these flaps -- remember when it was a huge deal that Obama chuckled during a "60 Minutes" interview -- are so nonsensical, it's become pretty easy for the typical American to tune out conservative outrage as background noise.

You're just a member of the Republicans who cried wolf, HH.

It also seems that Obama isn't taking any meaningful hits because his policy agenda is fairly close to the one he presented during the campaign. Martin questions, for example, why the president has gotten away with a more progressive policy towards Cuba. Maybe it's because he already told us he'd do exactly that?

Indeed, with a few notable exceptions, most of the President Obama's agenda is in line with Candidate Obama's agenda. He wants to raise taxes on the wealthy while cutting them for the middle class? He wants to reform the health care system? He wants a withdrawal timeline for U.S. troops in Iraq?

Perhaps the president "skates" on these issues -- all of which the right finds outrageous -- because it's what voters hired him to do. The right has nothing but the same arguments from 30 years ago and they're not working anymore. The country has moved on.

Cheers,

SD

Look at O's record when he was an Illinois senator...it is for shit!!!

Over 130 times on bills and issues he voted "present" which means pretty much a "no" but he didn't have the balls to vote, no.

His good buudy and campaign supporter, Resko (Chicago maffia) is in prison, after O cashed in on deals with Resko and set Resko up with "contracts" in Chicago.

O refused to work to limit the spending of the bloated Chicago teachers' salary...the highest in the USA...he refused to even have the teachers in the classroom a few extra days a year to help control costs...so he did not piss off the Teachers' Union!

His long time association with the radical, biased church preacher that he finally disassociated with after the heat was turned up.

Prez O got funding voted in for where his wife was working and the wife's salary went from $100K a year to $300K a year....hmmmmm, a little obvious!

The list goes on and on and on...but our slanted, biased, BS media did not report on any of these issues!!!

Prez O is the best we have seen in years, the best actor, the best con man and the American people are as stupid as ever, but then again, the facts are withheld so the US people cannot have an intelligent decision...

Facts from the book, The Case Against Obama.

Prez O got funding voted in for where his wife was working and the wife's salary went from $100K a year to $300K a year....hmmmmm, a little obvious!

Her tax returns (made public) showed her total gross income of about 67,000 dollars for that year. Was just in the news last week, someone can find a link.

Archived