Angels Disco closing end of month

Belem

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"the owner can't make it"...since his greedy ass switched from charging 160 baht entry fee to 400 (which got you one drink)...not to mention treating the freelancers--his bread and butter--like criminals.

I know the place has since backpedaled a bit on the pricing thing, but too little too late. I am so happy to see that greedy fat fuck go DOWN. As they say, สมน้ำหน้า hahaha...and for the record, it had NOTHING to do with the rise of Spice, or Spicey, or any of those after-hours places. HELLO, they operate (and always have) AFTER ND closing hours...and there have always been after-hours places, those used to be the places one went after ND closed. no competition whatsoever. he shot himself in the foot with his corpulent greed and got exactly what he deserved.

So... in the name of research...

Where will all the girls from Angels Disco go now?

Out into the carpark?? :dunno:

Maybe down to Spice? :dunno:

I've never been to Spice but might have to check it out.

Seems strange that there appears to be a nite-club in the bottom of a hotel that is so notoriously UN-guest friendly!! :banghead:

In the past month or so three discos have closed down in Walking Street: Hammer; Oceans 10 and Republika. Don't know if they're permanent closures or will reopen when the high season hits (or will it???). It still leaves several discos in Pattaya including Tony's, Lucifers, Mixx, Marine 1 and 2 and Insomnia (which is a raging success, and has taken business from all the others). I think its all part of the current global downturn, and things will improve once the economy starts to recover. Meanwhile the owners must have lost shed-loads of money.

"the owner can't make it"...since his greedy ass switched from charging 160 baht entry fee to 400 (which got you one drink)...not to mention treating the freelancers--his bread and butter--like criminals.

Who is this guy? Thai? Foreigner? Did he have the place back in its heydey? Agreed, he destroyed the business. That place was packed every night and they must have been making a fortune prior to raising the door fee repeatedly. They drove their clientele away with that. I always assumed it must have been a Thai owner, but is that right?

If it was a foreigner owner, then one plausible explanation comes to mind: that the hotel kept raising the rent, forcing the need to raise the entrance fee.

Anyway, I don't know who "HE" is.

If it was the hotel's fault, then there's no reason to expect the place will ever turn around.

By the way, how were the girls treated like criminals exactly?

Well if he wasn't dealing with rising rent, he was a fool. Did no one ever suggest he check out how people were talking about his place on the forums? If he saw all that was written here and elswehere and still kept on the path to his own doom, well, we did all we could to help him, he just refused the help. Talk about having blinders on, this guy had a blindfold on. Hope he had fun and got a nice car out of it.

Archived