Excuse me, miss, are you a whore?

Wallenda

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SD, sad to say your are right. The internet has changed a lot of things for the worse and seems to have increased the idiot quota that find their way to places like Thailand. And whilst a blessing for some the cheap in real terms airfares hav'nt helped either. I'm over in Bangkok in a few weeks time and paid almost exactly the same fare on Qantas that I used to pay 12 years ago.

Simie.

Tiger you make some interesting points but the point that needs to be made is most expats are expats because.......?

And most men visit LOS for......?

Unfortunately I think it goes withe the territory. I think you need to look at the other side of the coin as well to get a balanced view of the situation these days in LOS.

eg. I am happily married there on business and decide to do a bit of shopping or sightseeing and every second or third girl who walks past me say " hey hansum man where you go, I cum with you"

Perspective is very important when dealing with this situation.

I don't think so Bust. There is simply no excuse to treat folks (the locals, who are your bloody hosts FFS) as subhuman. People need to look for the whores where the whores are, and not assume every female is a whore. Is that unreasonable? I don't think so -- why do you? Would you do that in Sydney? Of course not because it is unacceptable. Well, newsflash, it is here too!

I do not walk thru a shopping mall and have "every second or third" girl proposition me and you don't either so stop the bullshit. Sure that happens on soi Cowboy (gee, cuz that's where the whores are!), but not in the real world.

In your hometown, people go to King's Cross for the whores, that's fine, no problem. They do not try to find whores nor proposition every female at Bondi, chai mai?

BTW, most expats I know (the professional type) are expats because we get work opportunities and remuneration packages that are not possible in farangland. The social life is a bonus.

Cheers,

SD

I see Sua Dum's point and I also see Bust and Wendella's points too. There's agruments on both sides that are valid.

But regarding this:

They do not try to find whores nor proposition every female at Bondi, chai mai?

Bust is right - you *CAN'T* compare Kings X, Bondi etc with Bangkok. Hey - there's not many places you can compare with Bangkok to be honest!

I just want to say in Wendella's defence, (and remember, he said the waitress was giving him what he perceived as flirtatious looks and engaging in flirtatious behaviour), if she wasn't doing this he probably wouldn't have even given the thought of being "entertained" by her a second thought.

As a previous poster said, many waitresses and lower-income girls in The 'Kok *DO* supplement their income by engaging in P4P. If this was any other city, (well... ok.. MOST other cities), even if the waitress was flirting with you, you wouldn't probably think she was a working girl on the side.

But in Bangkok, when a girl from a "lower-income" type job starts flirting with you or casting saucy looks your way, people are prone to wonder whether she's up for making a little extra cash on the side.

It is probably more likely that a waitress who flirts in a restaurant in Bangkok is working the game on the side, than say, a very well-dressed office girl who shoots a smile your way as you sit on the subway or the BTS. (And both have happened to me as it happens - doesn't mean I think *EITHER* of them are hookers, but, to be honest, you'd have to admit the waitress would probably be more LIKELY to suppliment her income with a bit of work on the side in a town such as Bangkok - if either of them were going to do it).

Unfortunately, stereotypes exist for a reason. Especially in a town like Bangkok.

For the record, I also agree with SD's comment about expats - most work there because they are on good packages etc., and (as an ex-expat myself), I can say the social life *IS* a bonus!

For most expats, there are *FAR* many more reasons to live there other than P4P and chasing girls.

Guest lazyphil

every girl in bkk is a potential whore is like thinking everyone in cambridge is a scholar is astro physics :banghead: (that said wendella wasn't even suggesting this) ....but killing someone over a unsavory remark to a gf is a bit over the top. a smack in the mouth and kicked out of the house, yes, but wanting to kill is taking indignation too far.

I hear your points and think I understand your perspective.

Honestly, I have to say that I do not know if this girl is or isn't working (or willing to work), my position is that I'm curious to find out. She is working at the day job in an area that does have plenty of girls who are working (FL), and also a good number who are working both the day job and the night job. I have received offers from such girls before in this area. (I'd never expect you or most people here to know these details about this place -- Pham Ngu Lao area to those who do) The 'look', imo, I got was more than the type to invite a customer in to have a hamburger.

Also keep in mind that my main goal in this thread was to find this out DISCREETLY -- basically to do it in a way that would not give offense. That's in the original post -- the title (Excuse me miss are you a whore) was designed more to be eye catching and funny for people here only. So my goal was to NOT treat this girl like she was subhuman, but to try to find out in a hopefully respectful way. (admittedly a tall order, hence this thread) But I'm not presuming she is a whore. I'm WONDERING if she is. It is fair to wonder about this, given the area she's working in, the fact she's flirting with me (a guy a bit too old for her). I have been propositioned by waitresses in this area before, so it would be something not off the charts. I'm American but have been to Sydney, and I'd say this area is much closer to King's Cross than Bondi, but still tough to compare. You would assume even in KC that a waitress was not working.

One more thing: if you presumed I'm some sex tourist visiting from another country, no -- I'm an expat. Have been here a few years and know the score pretty well, here at least. Baseed on my experience here, it does seem plausible to me this girl might be working.

And I really do need to get off my ass and go find out, finally.

Archived