Will 'The Galt' go to jail?

Central Scrutinizer

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ALHOLK: "The only indication that he did get 6 years is a single post on this board."

excellent point...I will keep that in mind.

I'd hoped to avoid this -- as it runs against the grain of all that is good and decent in this crazy world, but recent circumstance has reached a level so nefarious that I have no alternative.

This is the movie choice for the weekend. I shall force myself to endure this trifecta of malevolence for a greater good.

That is all.

Ps. Well, that was kinda all, but then I thought better of it -- all joking aside, I have no idea who this character is and have had a small exposure to the stickman site, thought it was informative and I like the format inviting readers to have a stake in the content, though some of their submissions are a bit idiotic. And some good. Anyway, six years in a Thai prison? I do hope that's just export from the rumor mill. Because that is overkill ad absurdum for internet flaming/outing.

Now, if he's not in prison but they've removed his capability to access the internet ---> if this guy is really THAT noxious and dangerous to expats he's got in his sights... makes a little more sense. Not necessarily the right thing to do, but, yeah.

The bloke might have been guilty of not seeing the coming of the global down turn in the economy. Appart from that the only sick people I see is those that believe that sickness is defined by not sharing their opinions.

Alholk ,

why angry , everybody here loves you .

sorry I overlooked the economic crisis and it's impact on brave Issan based LED engineers , I thought it was the bird flu .

Which opinion that this nutcase did ever publish would have even been worth not to share ? I always felt great sympathy for people been in jail for dealing with cocaine don't get me wrong .

I would be nothing without Stickman , anyway .

Maybe I am totally wrong here, but could this be his 'way out'? Pretend to be in prison.

Or he was let off but with the requirement that he not post anything on the Internet anymore?

I maybe wrong about this, but I seem to recall that Galt was a U.S. citizen. I certainly recall Ambassador John (U.S. Ambassador to Thailand) saying awhile back that all but a few U.S. citizens serving time in Thai prisons had been transferred back to the U.S. If he is a U.S. citizen, and he is serving time for "defamation", this will be a sticky issue for the Thais and the U.S.

Having a U.S. citizen serve time for dealing drugs or an act of violence is one thing, but serving time for defamation - a strictly civil matter in the U.S. as a matter of fundamental constitutional law - would likely draw unwanted attention from the U.S. media no matter how unsympathetic Galt may be. There would be strong incentives to quietly deport the guy.

I don't see how they could transfer him to a U.S. prison to serve any time. Imagine the media's reaction in the U.S. if someone had to serve time in the U.S. for defamation. The ACLU would be filing writs even before his plane touched ground on U.S. soil.

Galt's small potatoes, but this is a lose/lose situation for the U.S. and Thailand if a U.S. citizen ends up in a Thai prison for defamation. I can imagine the stories now: the Thai courts won't extradite the merchant of death, someone responsible for tens, if not hundreds of thousands, of deaths, but they will jail an American for six years for insulting a Thai property developer. Better to quietly deport the guy and blacklist him so he can't get back in the country.

I've asked a few times in this thread if anyone has seen anything official.

A court verdict is a public record available in Thai. This could even be done by telephone.

Given the number of people on this board, with the exception of a few, I assume most have regular access to large numbers of attractive "translators" that could be employed on a "casual" basis to make a few phone calls when not performing other duties.

Until someone actually goes that far I believe Galt could be in detention with immigration but nothing more.

But whatever really happened I don't believe Galt will ever bother Stickman again.

Shygye

I don't know. I had not read the notstickman page in a long, long time so I went to, then posted, the archive.org link.

It is not that interesting to me but I have found the reaction in this thread very interesting. Thai360 posters are generally a pretty savvy group with a few exceptions and only a few real fuckwits (thanks KS!).

All we have had is rumour.

If somebody really wants to know call the court where it happened. I don't think you will need a case number as they are probably the only falang involved in a court case that day. Maybe that year. Certainly the only falang with the two names that we have had mentioned here in this thread.

As far as phone number look in the pages in the archive.org link and see the city name. Then have a Thai girl call.

Then post the results here.

PLEASE!!!

Archived