We didn’t have to wait long for Israel’s latest outrage

robaus

Israel gives Americans the finger again!

Hillary Clinton demands a “prompt, impartial credible and transparent investigationâ€Â

So what does Israel do?

….. puts the fox in charge of the chook house again, and say we’ll get back to you in a month

Israel has said it will launch its own investigations into last week's deadly raid on a Gaza aid flotilla, after rejecting a UN proposal for an international probe into the attack.

In a statement on Monday, the Israeli military said it was gathering an "internal team of experts" to examine the operation and "establish lessons from the event".

Yes you read that correctly! The brief is Not to discover the truth about what happened but to establish lessons from the event.

Lesson 1. Issue the Israeli thugs with better riot gear next time so that they can kill more efficiently and not get beaten up

You Americans aren’t getting much of a return on your annual $$billions subsidy to Israel.

You are the piper but Israel makes you play the tune "Hava Nagila" every time. It would be nice to hear “Home of the Brave†occasionally.

Meanwhile a surge of 5 US soldiers killed in Afghanistan today (plus 5 Nato) in a war fought on Israel’s behalf, yet to which they don’t send even a single medic.

Moms and Dads grieving in Idaho and Texas today, while Israelis whoop it up in Tel Aviv, celebrating their murder of 9 peace activists. Think about it.

US military have noticed a rise in US/Nato attacks every time Israel commits a new atrocity.

Who needs enemies, when you’ve got friends like that?

:beer:

PS Wendella, I answered your question, yes the activists attacked the Israeli thugs.

How about answering mine?

1. Why will Israel not release the full unedited footage?

2. What images do you think are actually on this unedited footage?

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With regards to your comment about not getting adequate return for aid given.

Politics Robaus, politics. A candidate for presidency as well as many senators needs AIPAC and others endorsement. Israel knows this.

>>you continue your Sabre Rattling in this thread,

... just the opposite in fact. If you had read the whole thread you would have noticed My Peace Plan for the Arab Israeli conflict, whose details are not far removed from the Camp David peace plan that Clinton almost achieved in 2000.

My fervent dream is that one day, as fellow EU citizens, Israeli and Palestinian teenagers can sit down in a bar together or share a coffee, and discuss the relevant merits of the arse, tits and legs of a girl dancing in front of them, and fight each other purely with the relative merits of their chat up lines...regardless of their race, colour, or their or their parents' religious beliefs.

I hope to see it happen in my lifetime.

I am trying to address CONTENT only of posts from now on, and avoid personal flames.

Mods please note that others should follow the same house rules.

Mekong writes,

>>You are definately [sic] a few french fries short of a happy meal.

>>Politics Robaus, politics. A candidate for presidency as well as many senators needs AIPAC and others endorsement. Israel knows this.

... it just baffles me how AIPAC have become so powerful.. 6 million minority dictating term to 300 million majority.

How times have changed

In 1939 the 930 German Jewish refugees on board the MS St. Louis (filmed as "The Voyage of the Damned") were turned away from Cuba and USA. A shot was fired across her bows by the Florida coast guard to prevent landing. Tragically they were forced to return to Europe where 254 died in Nazi concentration camps.

In the 1956 Suez crisis, when Israel colluded with France and UK to invade Egypt, it was Eisenhower who demanded the invasion must stop.

Do you, CS, or anyone else know of a site that explains this phenomenal growth of influence?

Thanks.

Then of course there is that whole water diversion thing...oh well what do I know?

I will again state that antisemitism was (or is?) so high way back when, that post war Europe had no idea what to do...UK having some influence, and being over run with Jewish refugees, may well have decided to create Israel as an option, "...and let the chips fall where they may..."...in so doing, a never ending monster was created.

PS Wendella, I answered your question, yes the activists attacked the Israeli thugs.

How about answering mine?

I notice no reply yet.

It might be of interest to read the brief of the "prompt, impartial, credible, and transparent investigation" that Hillary Clinton called for.

Israel has agreed to carry out an investigation, which could be overseen by two international observers, but would be limited to a theoretical debate of the merits of the raid and the blockade. The commandos who led the raid would not be questioned.

The Israelis are determined to get to the bottom of events it seems. :rotl:

I actually did answer number 1 earlier, first time you asked, saying I dunno. (not a great answer, I admit) What the unedited video footage probably shows is more mayhem after what we've seen... with Israelis gradually getting the upper hand. Obviously there would be some shooting and deaths in that part. So I take your point that they would not be showing it because it would not be good PR for their side of it.

If you mean that you expect something very sinister on the part of Israelis, such as that this was their master plan for this to happen*, I think its much more likely that the video overall shows a badly controlled situation with poor coordination and planning. I think that's already evident even in what footage we do see, with soldiers shimmying down a line into a mob of guys beating them before they can even drop off it.

I guess some of the footage we're seeing is some what was shot from protestors' own cameras with protestors as camerman?

* does the fallout of this look like something that would have been the goal of any sensible (even if ruthless) master plan? Looks like completely the opposite of that to me. On the other hand, you now have Turkish Islamist extremists, Syria and of course Ahmadinejad all trying to get on the flotilla bandwagon. It's like this year's Islamic version of the Macarena.

Then of course there is that whole water diversion thing...oh well what do I know?

I will again state that antisemitism was (or is?) so high way back when, that post war Europe had no idea what to do...UK having some influence, and being over run with Jewish refugees, may well have decided to create Israel as an option, "...and let the chips fall where they may..."...in so doing, a never ending monster was created.

If you read the newspaper articles comingg out of Russia in the 1870's and 1880's, you would have concluded the russians were going to eliminate all Jews. They have been on a hated list by a lot of countries for a long time.

Archived