Arizona's Next Immigration Target: Children of Illegals

cavanami

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is 17000 border agents along the Mexican border nothing? Is putting illegals in Federal prison at a cost of 60K per person per year nothing (10% of the Federal prison pop. is for immigration violations)?

BT seems to think we should just keep the status quo going...and he still has not answered my question...oh how "Rogueyamesk of him." :)

I don't think the current administration is maintain the status quo. By going after businesses that hire large number of illegal immigrants, I think that does more to manage demand for illegal immigrants than putting thousands of armed guards and building useless fences. Costs less too.

I also think the "depressed wages" argument is a red herring too. If you work in food processing or or landscaping you may have a point, but depressed wages is driven by a far greater extent by the current tax code that encourages employers to ship jobs overseas. Of course the teabaggers haven't taken up that rally cry yet ... there's no dark skinned bogeyman to blame. And their neocon masters will never suggest it to them.

I am wondering why the right wingnuts are getting so worked up over all of this now? Why not 4 or 8 years ago? Oh, that's right. They were in charged at the time and could not have been arsed to deal with the problem. Too busy passing "Patriot Acts" I guess.

Is 17000 border agents along the Mexican border nothing? Is putting illegals in Federal prison at a cost of 60K per person per year nothing (10% of the Federal prison pop. is for immigration violations)?

BT seems to think we should just keep the status quo going...and he still has not answered my question...oh how "Rogueyamesk of him." :)

The GOPs sound like a bunch of liberals hanging off the far left. They think we have all kinds of money and can accomplish everything witout worrying about the expense.

Currently, we are in a recession/depression.

Currently we are fighting 2 - 3 wars.

Currently we want to do something about immigraton

But we are having record defecits.

We have some members of Congrss who want this President to fail even if it means the end of our country.

The cost of imprisoning people is costing us too much. We should look at making it easier to immigrate here. We should legalize drugs like it was before.

Your question was: [color:red]"So once again, you advocate doing nothing? Could you please stop "pulling the RY" and answer directly, what business are you in and how many of these people do you hire? You seem to have some particular interest in letting these people run all over un checked... "[/color]

I own a small retail store.

My wife works for me. We do not employee illegals.

You claim I advocate doing nothing but what I do advocate is consider the cost and what our history has been on this subject. Any plan implemented will have serious burden on the tax payers - a bill we can not afford right now. Our history has shown that since we have owned Southeastern Arizona, we have virtually done nothing during those 156 years.

The Govenor of Arizona only talks about Obama's failures on Immigration and has forgotten about all the problems Arizona is facing right now.

What we need to do now is get our priorities straght.

Can't Arizona send their National Guard to defend the border? Seems like that is what the National Guard is for :dunno:

Arizona can send the National Guard to the border. Right now, some National Guard are on the border. One of the issues is why should a State have to cover such an expense when it is a Federal expense?

Archived