Arizona's Next Immigration Target: Children of Illegals

cavanami

(1) You don't live there any more

I visit the folks at least three times a year, so I spend 3 ~ 4 months in the USA.

(2) In the broad scheme of things, the economic impact of illegal immigration does not materially affect you.

Taxes are going up, this affects me and all other US citizens. The 10% tax bracket will go to 15%, etc.

(3) The economic impact of illegal immigration to the entire country is dwarfed by other problems. Why this issue?

You have to start somewhere. Arnold in California is sending their National Guard to secure their border, so it is a problem that needs to be fixed and not, IMO, by granting amnesty (again).

(4) The social impact of illegal immigration is dwarfed by other problems. See (3)

Yes, see (3).

(5) The government IS defending the border ... just not enough for your liking. Yet you personally seem unwilling to pay for greater enforcement. It is not a legal or a constitutional issue, it is an economic issue.

Never said I was not willing to pay, but I will say that I am advocating to bring the US troops home from Ira and Afghanistan, which will save the US taxpayer a pile of $$$ that can be pent to fix problems in the USA.

Are you satisfied with how the US is defending its borders?

Are you willing to pay more to secure the borders?

Is it OK for you that the Sheriffs in AZ are under death threats?

As far as an issue goes, it is all the above; legal, constitutional issue and economic, IMO.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bottom line is an unprotected border is a threatens our national safet SINCE Al Queda and similar groups came on the scene. Irrespective of the drugs and the economic cost, which takes its toll as well but that is a social and economic issue.

20 years ago, okay, no national threat but in this day and age? Definitely.

That's all there is to it. If a domestic act happens as a result, all the pols are to blame.

The border has always been fairly wide open. But Mexico hasn't been as effed up as it is in a long time. Just because your own country is a mess does not mean you have the right to move illegally into another. But even the Pres of Mexico doesn't seem to understand that.

Taxes are going up, this affects me and all other US citizens. The 10% tax bracket will go to 15%, etc.

and

Never said I was not willing to pay, but I will say that I am advocating to bring the US troops home from Ira and Afghanistan, which will save the US taxpayer a pile of $$$ that can be pent to fix problems in the USA.

Anyone else see the irony here?

First, overall taxes in the past two years are DOWN. Yes, they are to go up under the long-planned expiration of the Bush tax cuts (which frankly should never have been cut in the first place). The biggest contributors to the budget deficit are, by far, the wars, basic military spending, health care, and debt. Could not agree with you more on the need to end the wars and radically reduce the size of the military. That will still leave us in the hole. And unless we dig ourselves out of the hole, then our economy will suffer for years on end. And push comes to shove, we gotta pay.

I don't like to pay taxes. Nobody does. But 8 years of Bush has left us so far in debt, that we need to dig out from under.

In sum, the huffing and puffing about immigration policy and illegal works is relatively trivial compared to the bigger issues we face. But this is why the teabaggers want you to focus on them. Because they don't have any real solutions to the tough problems. It is right up their with their cries to "defend traditional marriage" and to "restore family values". Utter crap, but apparently the idiots lap it up and don't pay attention to the big stuff.

So are you saying the storm troopers should storm a business and check every person to make sure they are legal?

Can you imagine if the storm troopers shuld show up at your place of work and demand all kinds off proof of citizenship? Wold you want to stand in line for several hours so when it is your turn you can prove you are a citizen?

And while you spend half a day or maybe the whole day doing nothing, should your employer pay you?

Obviously you don't know what I do for a living...but to answer the question, yes, this happens to be several times a year. Ten year back ground checks, random background checks, FAA license/proof of identity and right to work in the USA checks, Etc...Oh, and they have caught several people. ILLEGALS that is, working in my industry at "outside vendors." some of them from "hostile nations." Some of them were just here on over stays, others had fraudulent papers. SO it isn't just "the jobs no American will do..."

I still don't know what answer you really propose here? Clearly, to me anyway, you want the government to do nothing and just let this continue as it has been...

The death threats have nothing to do with illegal immigration, but the drug trade!

It wasn't the illegals that caused the economy to crater!

Ummm...1 is clearly related to the other. That is, the drugs are muled in illegally, by illegals, and the very acts of the drug trade are illegal, and thus it is all part of a nasty package. Those smuggling people, or just guiding them over the "Coyotes" are themselves violent at times, but the real violence comes from the drug runners. These people are essentially bringing their violent bullshit up here.

OH, where is your proof that this is the main way drugs are entering the USA?

... the drugs are muled in illegally, by illegals, and the very acts of the drug trade are illegal, and thus it is all part of a nasty package.

I think most are being trucked into the USA by legals! Only a tiny fraction of the trucks going back and forth across the border are ever inspected. Of course many mules legally enter the USA. Now USA citizens would never be mules, right?

Archived