Palin Backs Anti-Masturbation Candidate

temfarang

I'm a big fan of vote your conscience not who will win. I supported a libertarian in '04 knowing he'll never win. Both major candidates turned me off that much.

The tea party supporting a candidate with her social views suprises me as well as disappoints me.

The Republican party have big problems. They were riding an anti Obama train fairly well but now have to worry about a split in their party. If the tea party are supporting social conservatives that also splits the religious right.

The Republican candidate that gets the party vote may not be the most viable candidate in a general election.

I heard Karl Rove go off on her. He's establishment Republican party. There used to be the 11th commandment in the Republican party. "Thou shall not publicly speak ill of another Republican"

Yeah, they debated each other fairly aggressively in the past but by and large they were reputed to be less contentious than the Dems. You don't see Chicago '68 for Republicans normally. The party bosses pick a candidate and that's who wins it without too much bad mouthing from his challengers. Generally speaking.

Ron Paul seems tailor made for the tea party folks according to what they believe in (fiscal conservativism, honest government, etc.). I wonder why I don't hear much from the party with regards to him?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The tea party supporting a candidate with her social views suprises me as well as disappoints me.

Steve, seriously, how could you have missed this. TeaParty = Palin/Bircher/Birther/10th-er/Nutbag wing of GOP. It has since day one. Plainly obvious from all their rallies, and even the coverage on Fox, let alone less biased sources.

BTW, I have yet to meet a TeaPartier who can articulate just exactly what they want, or who knows what's going on even in an abstract sense (the great majority of them fail to believe that Obama lowered their taxes, fer instance).

The well-circulated quote from one of them: "keep your government hands off my Medicare" really does sum them up and their thought (or lack thereof) process.

He's how it works...

"Some (we) are worried about 'the cow' when it is all about the 'Ice Cream.'

The most eye-opening civics lesson I ever had was while teaching third grade this year.

The presidential election was heating up and some of the children showed an interest.

I decided that we would have an election for a class president.

We would choose our nominees.

They would make a campaign speech and the class would vote.

To simplify the process, candidates were nominated by other class members.

We discussed what kinds of characteristics these students should have.

We got many nominations and from those, Jamie and Olivia were picked to run for the top spot.

The class had done a great job in their selections. Both candidates were good kids.

I thought Jamie might have an advantage because he got lots of parental support.

I had never seen Olivia's mother.

The day for their speeches arrived.

Jamie went first.

He had specific ideas about how to make our class a better place.

He ended by promising to do his very best.

Everyone applauded and he sat down.

Now is was Olivia's turn to speak. Her speech was concise.

She said, "If you vote for me, I will give you ice cream."

She sat down.

The class went wild. "Yes! Yes! We want ice cream."

She surely would say more. She did not have to.

A discussion followed.

How did she plan to pay for the ice cream? She wasn't sure.

Would her parents buy it or would the class pay for it? She didn't know.

The class really didn't care.

All they were thinking about was ice cream.

Jamie was forgotten.

Olivia won by a landslide.

Every time Barack Obama opened his mouth he offered ice cream and 52 percent of the people reacted like nine year olds.

They want ice cream.

The other 48 percent know they're going to have to feed the cow andclean up the mess.

This is the ice cream Obama promised us!

Remember, the government cannot give --anything to anyone -- that they have not first taken away from someone else.

Did you vote for the ice cream? Are you smarter than a third-grader?

Remember this: November 2, 2010, is Take Out the Trash Day!

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." -Albert Einstein

Archived