Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

I've had guns. However, I don't like the NRA. They really are no different than relgious fanatics with regards to abortion. My problem with the NRA is they seem to oppose sensible limitations. My problem is they see pretty much ANY limitations as a slippery slope to the complete banning of guns.

When I meet fellow gun owners, I usually end up putting them in a few categories in my mind. There are some like me, who really don't want them, who would rather be in a world without one but we either live in areas that we feel a firearm in our home will protect us and our families from harm.. I said this before. When most people own one for the reasons I did, you pray to God you never have to use it, even if you have to protect your life. If an intruder tried to kill me and I justifably killed him to protect my own life, I'd still feel rotten about it.

You have some who are on some cowboy, ego, my dick (gun) is bigger than yours bullshyt. In some areas gun-ownership shot up after Obama got elected. Those folks scare the hell out of me as well. It wasn't because they thought he'd bad guns, the blogs they are on are forecasing some race war and Obama's election is a sign like Revelations in the Bible of the coming apocolypse.

You have some who want to go out in the desert and shoot at large inanimate objects or watermelons and such and do it for the sheer sense of power that it brings. They scare the f*ck out of me as well.

I've been in gun shops. The funny thing is the looks on some of these guys, Sons of Anarchy, militia types and they are looking at me with a face, as if 'what the hell are you doing in here?'. As if I don't have a right to the same thing they do because of what I look like.

Getting guns out of the hands of the nut cases is a problem and the more we have these tragedies the harder it is for the NRA.

America has to change culturally. Unfortunately, it will take more incidents such as this.

More to the story then the gun control aspect.

Many of the shooters were on "medications", like prozac, to name one. The side effects

can be terrible, as in going crazy and shooting people.

Watch the video, Generation Rx...(www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LYrhaK3oHA)

Now in China where youtube is blocked...so hope the link goes thru...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LYrhaK3oHA

ALEC (again, again) !

Spotlight on Gun Bills

For many years, until this spring, the National Rifle Association (NRA) actually co-chaired the ALEC "Task Force on Public Safety and Elections."ALEC bills include "model" legislation that advances the constitutionality of an individual's right to bear arms, an argument vindicated by a recent ruling of the U.S. Supreme Court. The legislation also would likely benefit the firearms industry closely connected to the NRA.

Bills or resolutions in this area:

LINK

OK - I'll turn this around - why arent US taxpayers forced to pay for armed security in every school / community hall / library etc in the country ? If you want the guns, fine - just be prepared to pay to have someone in place who can return fire. Bring the Marines back from Afghanistan and put them to use protecting the people who pay their wages.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/121214/news-world/article/man-stabs-22-children-china

How many of these kids do you think would still be alive if the Chinese nutter had access to automatic weapons ?

Beijing: The dreaded attacks on schoolchildren returned to haunt China today after 22 of them were injured besides an 85-year-old woman after a ‘mentally deranged’ man, armed with a knife, went on a slashing spree at a primary school.

Armed with a knife Min Yingjun, 36 attacked group of children at the gate of a primary school in central China's Henan Province setting off panic in the village.

The woman and most of the injured students suffered head wounds.

Some of them were in shock, according to the People's Hospital of the county, which received most of the people injured in the attack.

Gobble-

Far more effective and critical to take on the US drug industry. Prescription drugs are routinely advertised on prime time television suggesting you "ask your doctor".

Given the massive dollar volume spent on advertising and the rather small number of major pharmaceutical companies are we really going to hear about the issues that investigative journalism

used to uncover?

Certain classes of drugs are linked to certain types of violence.

SSRI-Induced Akathisia's Link To Suicide and Violence

http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com/features/drugs-medical/ssri-suicide-akathisia.html?utm_expid=3607522-0#.UMwZb3dy3To

Canadian judge rules SSRI antidepressants like Prozac can cause children to commit murder

http://www.naturalnews.com/034433_SSRI_drugs_children_murder.html

This page is keeping a running tally of crimes like this...

http://uniteforlife.wordpress.com/2009/08/01/ssri-stories-violence-and-murder-by-mothers-antidepressants/