Tsunamis strike Japan after enormous earthquakes

Nukes come at a huge price tag, huge profits for companies. It is all about the money.

Most of the nukes I was involved with had triple backup systems, so very surprised that they didn't do the same in Japan. Cooling water is so critical that you must have a solid backup system...and the Japanese missed this need?

Hmmmm, something amiss here, IMO, but this disaster will be under the microscope for some years to come.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wave power! OMG. That tsunami could've produced enough fai for the whole country for a week !

I'll check with Governor Jerry "Moonbeam" Brown and see what his thoughts are.

HH

Not such a wild idea HH. A few of us had a lengthy discussion once on how fantastic it could be if you could harness the energy from tidal changes in large bodies of water.

What we need now is a 10.0 in North Korea. :beer:

HH

I am sure HH still has me on ignore for having the audacity to point out his hypocrisy' date=' but ....

That is one of the most awful things I have ever seen posted on this board. Yes the gov't and the military are fucked up, but to wish that kind of calamity on a deeply impoverished and oppressed people is just sickening.[/quote']

There are a lot of people who see nothing wrong in bringing death to old men, women and children. So are we surprised if some of those people show up on this board?

Cooling water is so critical that you must have a solid backup system...and the Japanese missed this need?

Cav...I understand that a system was in place. Automatically upon sensing the earthquake, it was shut down and a backup system was to keep things "cool". Unfortnately, the backup was wiped out by the tidal wave.

HH

Archived