Britain

Coss

Mekong please say " Liz" so that Coss can enjoy the weekend or what is left of it; not sure about NZ.

King/Queen being replaced by a President would in both cases just remain a non-political function. Different from the US or France where the President sort of rules AND represents the country. 

I am not applying the criteria, they were already set are obvious to any non eristic person, since this is a thread about Britain and not the USA.

Why stop at USA and its ex leader Trump, why not compare preferences to other ex leaders such as

•  Cambodia  Pol Pot
  • Germany    Adolph Hitler
  • Italy            Benito Mussolini
  • Zimbabwe  Robert Mugabe 

Because, like Trump non of them are relevant to the discussion

It's like putting rats in a box, every time y' get one in, another jumps out.

For clarity, the question is the box and Kongs responses are the rats ...

I give up, truly an elected President like personage from UK would be better that one of the parasitic, inbreds, that are currently awarded riches and title.

putting a line under it

I return to my earlier "For some unfathomable reason, the "people" as a mass, seem to think that following and swearing allegiance to, an individual (or group of) who is the most popular or is the biggest bully, is the way to go."

image.jpeg.7f6c214168af08960485fecc4bb95b73.jpeg

Tell you what, I reckon that 2nd one looks like a prick.

Kong, I'm told that citizens of the realm, who missed the 'group' swearing of allegiance in unison, on the day, can still do it.

By connecting via FaceTime, to the dioceses of the Archbishop of Canterbury or some other sky fairy fetishist, if that one is busy.

Procedure: make FaceTime call, get on yer knees, recite words on screen, receive limp handed wave from sky fairy fetishist on other end of call.

Finish.

I'll send you the link if you want.

* many thanks to Kong as the original progenitor of the descriptor "Sky Fairy"

and who are you calling eristic? Pot, Kettle.

😃

Bubi my previous reply was to Coss hence the reason for “I am not applying the criteria” statement in reply to his post accusing me of doing such.

if you had of accused me of applying criteria the discussion then I could  understand the confusion but since I didn’t I can only assume that the half a bottle of Germanys finest is affecting your mindset.

1 minute ago, Mekong said:

Bubi my previous reply was to Coss hence the reason for “I am not applying the criteria” statement in reply to his post accusing me of doing such.

if you had of accused me of applying criteria the discussion then I could  understand the confusion but since I didn’t I can only assume that the half a bottle of Germanys finest is affecting your mindset.

Khun Mekong whatever you write here enlightens my earthly existence since it is opposition that keeps things going forward. Or backwards. In the meantime,for the record, I arrived at the second half of aforementioned liquid and life starts even looking better.

On a personal note, I did never look into having children. Taking into consideration the Late Queen/King of board-related countries I do probably not miss anything. Cheers for today, are they just waking up in NZ ? I shall never understand this.

" are they just waking up in NZ ? I shall never understand this."

Due to a combination of health issues, a phalanx of grandchildren on visiting manoeuvres, and also due, to having a bed companion again, after three weeks absence, I am awake and champing at the bit, at 4 am these days, such is my quiet life.

I do find the resident gentlefolk on this board, a welcome respite,  over a pre-dawn coffee.