So few remain - however remain emotionally attached to thai360.com.

Kiwi

8 hours ago, My Penis is hungry said:

Would love to go watch the Soi unfold as we have done in the past after a late lunch

It wouldn’t be the same mate 

• Madrid Bar is Closed
  • Patpng Market is different Post- Covid
  • I don’t drink anymore/ haven’t had a Drink in over 4 years
  • Apart for Hospital / Immigration Visits haven’t been out in over 4 years.

On 9/17/2023 at 6:15 PM, Kiwi said:

Nasiadai,

Some have found permanency in marriage,some have found other shores,some have passed on and some have just aged.
And some remain on Thai 360….take a seat.  

I’ve settled down, calmed down as well I suppose…I left for awhile as I needed a break from 1-2 guys who annoyed me with their constant crap and what were, basically, outright lies and misrepresentations…blocked some and some left… 

As for the younger crowd, they know it all and do what they want…show off, throw money around and have basically ruined a lot of the scene… Same bunch that screwed up Thailand are now screwing up Cambodia and eventually I suppose the PI as well… You could actually see it with some of the guys who used to post here, all the arguments about sending money and supporting bar girls, tipping, over tipping etc…with some, there was/is no respect for the established game, standard rates and practices etc…everybody just wanted to play by their own rules…that never really works well in the long run…

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Old Hippie said:

You could actually see it with some of the guys who used to post here, all the arguments about sending money and supporting bar girls, tipping, over tipping etc…

Does the etc include Waiing Bar Girls 😜.

Circa 1998/99 I knew a Thai woman who was manageress of an Internet cafe in the Plaza next to the old Ambassador Hotel, was 2002 that burnt down, around same time as chuwit  demolished Soi 10 beer bars, I digress.

She spoke excellent English and composed many of the “Kwai Mai Sabai” begging emails or Sponsor emails for numerous bar girls who frequented the cafe. She charged a reasonable 10% Commission and using 2 or 3 generic emails was sending to multiple Farangs.

Some gutless had over 10 sponsors hanging on at once, and my friend was banking over 100,000 THB per month in commission, this was 25 years back mind.

Whats the old saying “ A fool and his money are soon parted” I’d like to know how the fool got his money in the first place.

23 hours ago, Old Hippie said:

I’ve settled down, calmed down as well I suppose…I left for awhile as I needed a break from 1-2 guys who annoyed me with their constant crap and what were, basically, outright lies and misrepresentations…blocked some and some left… 

As for the younger crowd, they know it all and do what they want…show off, throw money around and have basically ruined a lot of the scene… Same bunch that screwed up Thailand are now screwing up Cambodia and eventually I suppose the PI as well… You could actually see it with some of the guys who used to post here, all the arguments about sending money and supporting bar girls, tipping, over tipping etc…with some, there was/is no respect for the established game, standard rates and practices etc…everybody just wanted to play by their own rules…that never really works well in the long run…

We enjoyed your posts and I for one, am looking forward to more,  even non monger, daily observations, as befit,  gentlemen of our outlook :)

• Like 2

On 9/20/2023 at 2:11 PM, Old Hippie said:

Same bunch that screwed up Thailand are now screwing up Cambodia and eventually I suppose the PI as well…

Funny you should say that. I noticed that on my last trip to Phnom Penh a few months ago.

• Like 1

Hi guys and gals(?). How are you doing?

I haven't been here for exactly a decade (my last post was in August 2013).

But my last trip to LOS was in 2010. I went LOS and Cambo several times from 2004 to 2010 and Thai360 was my major and almost main source of information about the nightlife in Thailand.
To my surprise, my browser still had my login data, otherwise I would have trouble logging in again.

I just came across the "Thailand Bound" channel on YouTube with all the stories of failed relationships and mine does fit perfectly. Luckily there wasn't much harm done on both sides, it was just a foolish enterprise from my side anyway.
Listening to the stories brought old memories back. I today I wondered if Thai360 would still exist. 

Attached is almost the last image I took in SE Asia . It's of "Sa" whom I met at Tilac bar in 2004 (of course without showing her face or much else :-)). We met on and off during my trips to LOS.
On the day I took the photo of her sleeping, I left her apartment in Din Daeng at around 5am in the morning. There wasn't a goodbye, she slept or pretended to sleep when I left. Two days after, I returned home.

How are you doing guys?

PS:  I would love to go to Thailand again, but due to illness in the past years (unrelated to COVID), I currently lack funding.

PS/PS: Did I really write 6.9k posts at Thai360????

Sa-BKK, 2010.jpg

Kamui! Great to see a blast from the past!

Nice to see, 

Like you I have had a number, as many of us have, illnesses etc, so travel just doesn't apeal to me anymore, 

I get job offers, all involve travel and I just don't want to get stuck somewhere with a shit hospital, unless it was where I had chosen to die, 

Take care man, memories are nice to post, 

• Like 1