Mia Noi Allowance

Mai_Mee_Fan

Old Hippie said:

O.k. my turn, say you had a girl who worked in a bar, and could make 30,000+ per month? think you'd get her out for 10,000? not sure, depends on the girl I guess. But assuming you paid for things like school, clothes, apartment, and were seriously commited with a long term intention , then what would the norm be? I'm asking for a friend of course...

Well if you are serious about her long term and she is the same for you then the equation changes a bit because you are going to take care of her as if she is your wife and not a leased piece of ass.

Would help if you outline the situation a bit more such as does she have family to support (how many and where do they live); will she work a regular job; what type of school will u send her to;will she live alone or have a roomate;is she thrifty or a spender;her age?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess my question is, is 8-10,000THB a month enough for a ex bg to live on? say her rent situation was 2000 a month and she just needed food and spending money and a bit for her mom...? While she went to school, or even had another job outside the bar scene... age 24-27.

Well...my g/f makes 10,000/month, with some taken away for taxes. Shares rent with her girlfriend (2500 each for a 1 bedroom near soi Aree). After utilities (has air-con), BTS trips to work, frequent trips home to Nakhon Pathom, food, net cafe, phone card calls to me, etc., she does not have much left. Last pay period (she gets paid monthly) she somehow managed to lose 1,500 at MBK, and had additional expenses for her Uni graduation ceremony, but still managed to make it.

At 10,000 she can afford a basic life. But does not allow her to send anything back home. Should note that apt. does not have kitchen, so must eat out every meal, when not back to parents home for the weekend. She also travels to AngThong at least once a month to see grandmother, so her overall travel expenses are higher than most.

Anyway, that should give you a good idea of the average 24 year old BKK Thai girls living expenses. She Graduated from Rangsit, and starting pay for most jobs seems to be in the 10-12,000 range, with 15,000 after a year or so on the job. She worked in a factory in Rayong when first leaving the Uni., making 12-13,000, but the hours were horrific.

2 year secretary at AT&T on Silom makes 15,000. My g/f job is temporary position which ends in 2 days, and is with MasterCard International.

So 50,000 a month is around 4 times the amount a recent 2 year Uni-student with bachelors degree can expect to make first entering the work force. I think BB's girl friend works at a bank, and makes 50,000, but sounds like she is up there in position. Don't know her schooling, or how long she has been working up the corporate ladder there.

One last note for reference. My g/f just applied for a front desk customer service position at a hotel. Starying pay was 8,000 baht, had to posts a 20,000 bank bond, and work swing shifts. I think it was the Fortune Hotel on Soi 3. As soon as she found out where it was, she turned it down. To unsafe down there at night.

HT

OH, for a former BG getting out of the biz I think you would have to do alot more.

You have to replace her income stream and make sure she is secure enough to not want to go back to or allow old habits to influence her to re-enter the biz.

Keep in mind that there are so many different variables (ambitions,family,ulterior,friends,expectations, motives,etc) that amounts can greatly fluctuate. Age is important too because a young chick will have widely fluctuating spending habits whereas an older chick is pretty consistent with her spending habits.

I would try something like this per month:

4-10k for the room- Since I will be staying there when I visit it would have to be up to certain standards.

5-10k personal pocket money which would also include food .

1-2k mobile calling expense

3-5k for the family assuming they are in some crappy village and don't need too much. The girl has to inderstand that you are investing in her(education/business/marriage) so she can do more for the family later. Giving the family too much initially may cause problems.

I have seen guys take care of chicks in BKK for baht 15k per month on up. Alot depends on the girls money management skills and habits.

None of the above includes education/new business costs, changing apartment fees. Nor do they include other purchases such as electronic appliances, furniture,medical costs or traveling money. If she goes to school there are going to be additional clothing costs as well as those numerous parties an events associated with school;same if she ets a legitimate mainstream job. There is also the inevitable emergency situations that arise which incur further expense and you needing to send quick cash infusions.

I also think it would be wise to put a lump sum in a bank CD (equivalent to about 3 months living expenses) that she cannot touch unless you allow her to. This will at least assure the woman that in the event you stop sending money she has something to fall back on.

Bottom line is that financial security is an issue and there are tons of stories in the BG network about how the farang sponsor all of a sudden stopped sending money and dropped the girl-forcing her to return to the bar scene. I think this is why alot of chicks still hook on the side even when they have a sponsor. The trust issue goes both ways. You trust she will be faithful and she trusts you will send her money.

I think if you give a chick the bare minimum she needs there will be problems at some point. A sponsor's function is not give the girl enough to "live" on, he sends enough for the girl to take care of her NEEDS and provide for some of her WANTS(within reason of course).

Basically the guy has to decide if he can FULLY take care of a girl or if he can only SUPPLEMENT her lifestyle. The difference responsibility wise is huge for both parties as well as the expectations. Might be smart to initially supplement and if things go well move into full support.

HIGH THAIED said:

One last note for reference. My g/f just applied for a front desk customer service position at a hotel. Starying pay was 8,000 baht, had to posts a 20,000 bank bond, and work swing shifts. I think it was the Fortune Hotel on Soi 3. As soon as she found out where it was, she turned it down. To unsafe down there at night.

HT

That is interseting considering that your GF's education. I know of a BG that worked in the office of a hotel in the same area you mentioned. She had a matayom 3 education and did the paper work for the female manager. Her pay was baht 7000 per month. She worked days and went straight to SoiCowboy to dance after work. She quit the hotel job because it intefered with her long time customers who wanted to spend more time with her.

Hi JJ,

Long story, but her degree is in computer science. But her dream job is to be a customer service relations person in a hotel. Her mom wanted her to go to rangsit, while my g/f did not. Oddly enough, her sister is going to a much cheaper culinary arts school, and just finished a 2 month apprenticeship at Novotel Hotel. My girlfriend envies her sister for being able to work in a hotel. She feels that since her degree is in com science, she does not have a chance at getting a front desk hotel job, even though her English is very good.

So....she jumped at the chance to apply, even though pay is crap. She feels if she can get her foot in the door, opportunities will arise for her. I doubt that the Fortune Hotel job required a degree, so that is why pay is not consistent with her education. It's just the type of work she wants to do, so is willing to take a low pay, to build up experience, and work history.

HT

Too bad she has to go that route to follow her dream.

When I used to stay at the Landmark. I would chat up the girls on the executive floor(the finest collection of beauties you could imagine). Almost all of them attended a school that exclusvely taught hotel management and hospitality. Seems the major hotels almost exclusively hire from these hotel schools.

I guess hotels pay shit because they all complained about the pay and the hours.

Archived