Mia Noi Allowance

Mai_Mee_Fan

suadum said:

"Now i am not a bad guy... what i can do i will do - but what is beyond comprehension IS BEYOND COMPREHENSION. When GF tells me she wants to build a new home or remodel the current one i say 'gee, i would like to buy a new home in BKK as well - what a concidence! I am saving - are you?'"

ROTFLMAO! Yer new to Thailand aren't you? 5555555555 While what you said makes perfect sense, it is not reality in LoS, especially when dealing with BGs or kept women.

Cheers,

SD

555 back to you my friend. Don't let em trick you... if i thought going around asking people to build me a house yielded 1% results i'd be doing it too! C'mon its absolute madness -- just think about it. Dreaming is dreaming - we all dream - no reason to make it a condition.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just thinking.......what is the general aliance with the general mia noi situation? Due to the high maintainace costs, it must be love, in some form, unless you are just filthy rich. If I guy is paying 30,000 a month, is comes out to over US$9,000.00 a year, and this is just for allowence. Other costs bring it to US$15,000 per year, at least. What is the motive for that?

I'm thinking of what I could have there for $15,000 a year, and it drives suporting a single girl right out of the picture. Holy shit....what are they thinking? It can only be love, because it sure does not make good business sense.

Honestly....what is the motivation to pay for a mia noi?

HT

think_too_mut said:

>After careful consideration i think 20k baht p/m (plus fringe benefits) is enough... 30k for those that can do it.

A bit low, IME. 50-70K for initial setup (fridge, TV, bed sheets, deposits....) and 25-30K per month after that is more realistic.

The apartment (included in the above) should be 6-10K, that means certain level of comfort and presentability that you will enjoy too.

Certainly, you can go above that and many do. What BuffaloBill said is plain realistic.

Disclaimer: the above may work for a bg that wants to quit. Real high-flyer mia nois - have no experience with but could easily go far above.

Japanese sponsors: they are not on that good money. Example: English teachers are on 2500US$ per month and it is reasonable money there. Software engineers 4K US$ per month.

It's Japanese ability and eagerness to save and save that makes them have "disposable" income.

think_too_mut

you make good sense.

BTW great signature -- still laughing although i cant figure it out!

LOL

No I was not making fun Sir.

I guess I will never have a Mia Noi because I shudder at the thought of giving my money away to anyone other than drinking buddies.

Actually I meant the savings bit. Very few BGs (actually Thais in general) do that, unfortunately. You mention that and they think you are from another planet! Mai sanuk -- live for today they say!

I agree with everything else, including the bit about asking for it. I was just reading a mag called Ralph from Oz. They did a bit where they asked everyone they met for $1. About 40% gave it to them :dunno:

Cheers,

SD

Hi TH,

That really does not answer my question adequately. So are you saying the only reason to have one, is because you can? Millions can afford, but choose not to.

Just because I can afford to keep a hooker in relative luxury, does not automaticlly detirmine that I have a desire to do so. What is your rational with that statement?

HT

Archived