Mia Noi Allowance

Mai_Mee_Fan

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HIGH THAIED said:

So 50,000 a month is around 4 times the amount a recent 2 year Uni-student with bachelors degree can expect to make first entering the work force. I think BB's girl friend works at a bank, and makes 50,000, but sounds like she is up there in position. Don't know her schooling, or how long she has been working up the corporate ladder there.

HT,

Yes, she has a master in IT from Chula and a master in small business from Sydney and yes she had a 50K Bt position which she quit as she will join me in Belgium next month.

She worked as a money broker in BKK and she was at the bottom of the corporate ladder, the top there is 250K Bt.

As a comment on this thread, I see a lot of Cheap Charlies here...... If you really want to maintain a mia noi, at least it has to be an improved financialy situation for her, not the opposite !

So, if a girl, GTG or BG, earn today say 20K Bt, it should cost you at least 30-35K Bt, otherwise forget it....

And I know, I have been there a few times :)

Cheers !

"As a comment on this thread, I see a lot of Cheap Charlies here...If you really want to maintain a mia noi, at least it has to be an improved financialy situation for her, not the opposite ! So, if a girl, GTG or BG, earn today say 20K Bt, it should cost you at least 30-35K Bt, otherwise forget it..."

Ahh, finally. A voice of reason and someone who gets it! Good on ya BB!

Cheers,

SD

In all fairness concerning those who consider sponsoring a BG. Some girls will leave the scene for a litttle less than their best or average monthly take because they really don't want to be in the scene anymore. A little less. Like I said before you have to cover all of their needs as well as supply some of their wants.

the average 24 year old BKK Thai girls

do you really think the average BKK Thai girl has a university degree?

That is a small minority in Thailand (a minority in Western countries too, BTW).

What you describe (living on 10000 a month in BKK, having her own apartment - at Ari! -, riding the BTS to work) is far above average in BKK and would be considered as a very comfortable life by most people in BKK.

Hi,

My response was to OH's question:

>>>I guess my question is, is 8-10,000THB a month enough for a ex bg to live on?<<<

Just tried to paint a picture of a girl there now, doing just that. Was not meant to be a comment on whether an ex-b/g might be happy with it. Nor that most girls there live on this. Simply meant to say that yes, a BKK girl can live on this, and where her various outlays may rest.

Of course a girl making 30,000 hooking is not going to be satisfied with 10,000, in all but a few cases. And for many, they will still be taking on customers on the side, no matter how much you give them.

Insuring an ex-B/G is not going to continue the trade, in a mia noi situation, is generaly very expensive, and very cost prohibitive, unless you are in love with two people at the same time. And risky business, unless you are living in the same town together. And I think holds true for a non-ex-prositutute mia noi also.

I guess I could understand the concept if having a regular in my same town, which I would be seeing multiple times a week, like the Thai's. And there also might be a situation where you hate your marriage, but can't get out of it, and your long-distance mia noi is the one you really love. There are just so many variables.....

But I must say, pulling a Thai B/G out of the scene, when you can only visit there occassionally, and setting her up with total support, expecting her to suddenly be a good girl sitting home knitting every night, is generally a very, very bad idea. I know that is an over generalization, but you can get my drift. It's just not reasonable, unless the girl really wants to get out of the business at any cost. But the vast majority are there because they chose to be. Insuring they will not go back into the trade they selected in the first place, can be a dounting task, for someone 1,000's of miles away. Then on the other hand, there are those that don't even care. They have money enough to burn, to make sure she is availible only for him, when he blows into town, and knows she is always taking on customers while he is away. Many different situations out there concerning mia noi's, in my opinion.

HT

Ahhh c'mon foolish charlies... 20k for building a relationship with 1 person is miles apart from 20k sleeping with sweaty strangers.

So u r saying you would rather sleep around with strangers for 20k but would only commit to one person for a 40-50% pay hike. Gimme a break.

============================

Tell ya what - you fellas earning foreign dollars - an calling the rest of us cheap - take your dollars and see if u can do the same thing in your own country and then come point the finger at the specks in your brothers' eye...

SanukBoot said:

most uni graduates would not be dancing in circles for 20k a month! That is an expected salary! If they get less, 15k then they have underperformed, if they get 30k then they have done extremely well!!!!!!

note: this is talking about the private sector and not government offices! Government offices would be around 7-8k per month!

SB.

Nay nay nay m-man... Bachelors starts at 10-12k p/m with 10% increase per year... there are exceptions (maybe IT) but far and in between.

Archived