Bembaman

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Prosal said:

" Put up or Shut Up "

Such classy guys we have on this site.

:rolleyes:

Yes, I must agree... I found this quite rude! I think a better way to say it would have been "Excuse me kind sir, but you have engaguaged in a wager, now could you please be so kind as to either settle the account, or refrain from further conversation...? Thank you sir."

I must agree, a little manners goes a long way, but then I have a lot of fucking class, that most guys don't...BURP!...

I haven't read through the entire thread and I assume that there are some very insiteful points made about statistics. Nevertheless, here is a site that I bookmarked at one time to just to see what an attempt at an unbiased opinion reveals!

It appears most of these stats comes from government and international agencies.... and indeed Thailand is not such a safe place and interestingly not such a "poor" place either!

Thailand in the top 14 for murder

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/cri_mur_cap

However many countries are missing from this list.

Crime in general

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/cri_tot_cri_cap

Poverty rates (% below the poverty line)Thailand is not so different then the USA or China (strange)

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/eco_pop_bel_pov_lin

Thailand and Brasil are neck and neck(87th and 88th) regarding wealth

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/eco_gdp_cap

or

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/eco_gdp

I had actually previously read in the Bangkok Post that Thailand is classified as a middle class country. it is no longer regarded as a poverty stricken or third world country and it was on its way up...

better get in quick fellas!!! maybe that why people are stating that prices have gone up...

Hi ND,

I know both you and Pattaya 127 quite well. I'm sure if you guys met, you'd hit it off and get to like each other quite well.

I depart Boston on Nov. 30th and I know P 127 will be back sometime in December. If he's still there when you come to town, we should all get together for lunch.

Maybe I can get P 127 to come up to Gullivers some friday night? P 127 is well liked by all who know him personally ... if we took him out to Soi Cowboy, how could he not like that?

As for Pattaya being "Paradise," well you know it is for me ... but that's because of my wife and son. BTW, congratulations on your son's arrival ... can't wait to meet the little bugger!

BelgianBoy said:

What happened to P127 ????

Did he now take the first plane to Pattaya to measure ??? :dunno:

BB

curious

5555555555555, was thinking the same myself. "Quiet" around here last couple of days :grinyes: :grinyes:

Maybe he's gone to spend the $100 on a good BJ, rather than donate it as a competition prize (the $100 that is) :) :)

Hi NPP,

Thats very admirable of you.

However I find it sort of spices up the board a bit when members remain anonymous.

IMO if we all knew who the other person was, the board would soon become boring.

Those who knew each other and liked each other would probably just agree with each other most of the time.

Those who knew each other and disliked each other would probably not communicate.

There would be a lot of private chatting going on and IMO a tendency for some members to gang up on others.

We would probably also lose that feeling of the freedom to say what we feel.

Tks

Did he now take the first plane to Pattaya to measure ???

---------------------------------

nope, went to halloween party last night til's one then downloaded the pix, which put me in bed by 2am. Tonight, started with the pix contest, and that kept me quite busy and enjoying as well.

I am waiting for Mekhong to give me the start point and end point, and i would like it to be city limits for both on Suk, which seems to be a fair demand since just riding along Suk, from Tepprasit (my home) to Pattaya nua is a good 6kms.

The idea of a bet is to stop fooling around numbers thrown, with very little indication where we start and end. i nade it clear for me Pattaya is Banglamung as well, since many places and friends I visit are there. Doing this is a very normal way to speak of where we stay in Thailand. For example, when people mention Phuket, no one puts them to task to the fact that there is a city called Phuket, or the whole island is called phuket but the beaches, like Patong, where they actualy go while saying Phuket (many threads as such here) are a good 20kms (for Phuket-Patong, if i recall).

Like wise when our GFs/wives/girlie company say where they come from, they do not say their village but the next city nearby, even though their digs might be deep in village countryside.

Personally, i have no problems to admit that 10kms, if strict city limits are in, is not enough. The bet was to get down to a real appraisal from mutually decided points, I made that bet, or rather I proposed that bet to Mekhong, and he did not respond on my proposal, but made sure the bet would be off, since he gave all the numbers away (though If i recall, all the way to the port, which is more than Laem Chabang city limits, riding on Suk).

So, I decided to make it simple, and do the classy thing (as usual ::). I am very happy to donate officially 50$ (2000 bahts) for end year pix contest, taking Mekhong insistence that only the first time i wrote a number (10kms) is valid. I ask him to do the classy thing himself and donate the other 50$, since the distance he drove is less than his own first number. So, maybe not so funny as Mekhong expected, but even better, I say.

I invite him on top to meet me for a drink, or whatever (6.45, that would be coffee for me :)) when I get to Pattaya

All of this ensures that something cool came out of this thread.

PS:Now, thais commute easily dozens of Kms to go to work, it happens everyday in BKK and suburbs, to name one. Everything I said, i still stand by, pattaya is a urban hub on top of being a resort, and people (not all, I know) stay in that hub and work elsewhere. My opinion, I don't force anyone to share it.

Archived