Welcome to paradise........maybe

Bembaman

pattaya127 said:

So, I decided to make it simple, and do the classy thing (as usual ::). I am very happy to donate officially 50$ (2000 bahts) for end year pix contest, taking Mekhong insistence that only the first time i wrote a number (10kms) is valid. I ask him to do the classy thing himself and donate the other 50$, since the distance he drove is less than his own first number. So, maybe not so funny as Mekhong expected, but even better, I say.

I invite him on top to meet me for a drink, or whatever (6.45, that would be coffee for me :)) when I get to Pattaya

All of this ensures that something cool came out of this thread.

Accepted

You Dontate 2,000 THB to the prize fund and I will match it,

as you said its the decent thing to do and also demonstrates that board members can have debates / differances of opinion without getting too personal or holding grudges.

When you get back over here drop me a line and we will have a laugh about this over a beer or three.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Earnings are low in Thailand, but money goes further. According to The Economist (link to site will be provided if anyone doubts this), Thailand per capita GNI (gross national income) per head is around US$2,500 per head when measured on market rates. But when measured on a purchasing power parity basis, the amount more than triples - it jumps up to US$8,400 per head.

The term "purchasing power parity" means you adjust incomes for what that income can purchase in the local economy. It is not an exact measure, but it provides a good indicator of economic quality of life. (Those who prefer market rate measues remind about the old joke economists have about accountants: "accountants would rather be exactly wrong, than generally right".) Thailand is underdeveloped, it has a flawed and less than transparent legal system and the rule of law is thin, but it is not a poor country.

In terms of crime, it is very dangerous. Even though violent crime is underreported, Thailand's murder rates are extremely high.

This seems to bother many farangs; they have bought into the facade. Thailand has plenty of positives, but no one here should delude themselves into thinking this is a peaceful Buddhist paradise. It isn't. The US is much safer.

:up:

to men of good will (and lousy maths :D), nothing is out of reach. the future( of NP) is bright!

ever seen the buffalo races in Chonburi? wish October could be a time to visit for me. Hard to imagine tradition when we pass thru steel, concrete cement and jammed Chonburi.

ND, yes, this is for me an additional donation. will provide something for december/spirit houses contest.

trying to get a seat on dec 28, china airlines. still waiting list.

Drinks it is !!

Pernod's at 20 paces....5555555

But definitely not in Soi 6 or at The Pump Station :D:o:D

(Unless the lights are full on !! I'm very easily scared and afraid of mustaches)

At this stage, aiming to make Gullibles meetings on 16 Dec and 7 Jan and will probably be somewhere in the Greater Metropolis of Pattaya for a few days around New Year

Cheers :beer: :beer:

NPP: will PM when I know Pattaya dates. 40 Baht sounds great, but Mai nam kang, OK??

"AND JJsushi weighs in!" Pattaya sucks because it has too many damn farang staying there and the Thais that live there have adopted some of the wort attitudes learned from farangs. Too many assholes concentrated in one place along with the worlds criminal elements.

Patong sucks because it is too damn small. There is no way one can get around and work several chicks without being found out. The P4P girls and non-P4P girls too easily rub shollders. I did spend my formative LOS years on Phuket and loved it. Plus too many damn farang. A month there and your bored shitless.

Bangkok sucks too but it is so damn large and so much more diversified in entertainment options and ways to meet all sorts of women that one can easily find a niche to occupy. BKK is the only place out of the 3 which I don't have to make the assumption that a Thai chick is in P4P when I meet her.

Archived