Thai rak Thai? Yeh, right....

"All that adds up to COWARDICE in my book."

Fuck This is not the US with a half decent police force. Everyone knows that it is a free for all out there. Do you think thais like living in houses with bars, and turning their back on another human being in suffering. It has nothing to do with culture or religion that people do not do these things in thailand. It is streetsmarts. You can come here and try and be a hero and I will gladly write on your tombstone : "JJsushi Hero to the end" Dont kid yourself that thais are friendly and Bangkok is safe. You pull shit like stepping into a domestic affair and you will find the truth behind the smile

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Image fighting the battle and after you have won the battle, you still do not know what the battle was about!

Can you imagine winning the battle, after you have beaten the man almost to death, to find out you might be in the wrong?

Dumb thing to do is to intervene in other people's affairs in a foreign country when you are clueless what the problem is.

Seems that some people lack the ability to comprehend the written word. Let me make my position very plain.

People not interfering in an altercation becasue they deem it not worthy is not an act of cowardice.

Batty choosing not to interfere in an altercation in which HE truly believes HE should have because HE believed another human being was truly suffering because HE was fearful of some Thai vs farang artifice is cowardice. Read his post again and you should see that he truly thought this woman was getting beaten and was afraid for he safety instead of merely smacked around.

He purposely chose to ignore his own mores in a situation he felt merited his interference. He was ASHAMED by his own inaction. That is cowardice.

khunsanuk said:

Hi,

"LOL!! KS there really is not a position for u to back out of. We''ll drop it and move on."

Ah, I assume you think you 'won', right? Just because you have a better way with words does not mean that you were right.

Sanuk!

LOL! This is not a "win vs lose" thing KS. I merely showed you another way to look at the situation instead of your knee-jerk reaction of "JJsushi is a meanie". You as well as a few others focus more on my style than you do on my content. So much so that you reduce almost everything I post that you disagree with to a personal level.

You don't counter me with logic and reason, you resort to emotion filled arguments in an attempt to "chop" me down to a size you can tolerate.

Here is an exercise. Why don't you simply point out why Batty did not display an act of cowardice. You have already given him kudos for "having the balls" to post his story here. So I would assume you have a bias towards his rationale. Provide me with a good counter argument to my post. After all it is merely a matter of pinion.

Gadfly1 said:

BB, let's cut the nonsesne and be honest for a moment. Anyone who has had any history on this board knows that JJ goes out of his way to make an issue of himself rather than the issue being discussed. In brief, the comments I made were deserved. What I am trying now is a new approach (sort of an experiment) to cut that nonsense short by calling it like it is so that we can move on discuss more substantive issues. And that is all I am going to say on the subject of that poster.

Now, if you have anything substantive to say about why you think there is less intervention in Thailand - or if you disagree with that factual claim - I really would like to hear it because I honestly do think it is an interesting issues. Scout's honour, you won't get burned.

What a load of BS.

2 points here.

First you dedicated a full post to bash one specific poster, rules are specific on this, so dont try to talk your way out of that. As for bringing his history on the board, who the fuck are you to judge any poster or any contribution at all ???????

Who made you holier than any other.

I certainly enjoyed your participation in the "ownership" thread, but you are losing your merit points fast :p

Look at stickman, even he deleted his post after what I posted here..... !

As for the discussion at hand, why would I intervene at all, I already explained why.... I am 50, not in a good shape, and its not my fight. Thailand -like the US- is a violent country, and no way I will put myself in harm's way.

BB

Gadfly1 said:

He doesn't have a better way with words. Actually JJ's words are his own worst enemy; particularly in written form where they can be preserved to embarrass him in the future. And he is not good at reading - meaning, in this case, understanding - the posts of others.

I called him for what he is, he didn't like it, and then assumed, incorrectly, that I did so because I was insulted by his post. (All of which tells us something about the way JJSushi thinks.) I wasn't insulted in the least.

JJSushi is a classic poesur: sometimes his posts are amusing, and sometimes they are simply annoying. But he really is nothing more than a braggart - the type of loud mouth bar stool pundit you might find in NEP pontificating about things he really doesn't understand on a Sunday afternoon (I think we have all encountered this type). Sometime these types are good for a hoot on an otherwise boring afternoon and sometimes they are just irksome, but no one sensible ever takes anything they say seriously. I recognize the type. That is why I cannot, and I hope others don't, take anything he says seriously.

Dude what are you DRONING on about? Let's keep this simple okay? Your pissed becasue I commented that your comparison of the Thais reaction vs the West was utter HOGWASH. You hate being challenged. Your ego was bruised and now you have decided to personally attack instead of "sticking to the topic". You are being completely disingenuous by attempting to discredit me in some fashion. Your acrimony is evident in your posts towards me. So instead of responding in your normal PSEUDO INTELLECTUAL fashion, you have chosen the petulant child route.

The bottom line is that you can't defend your position because you don't have a little world "fact book" to support your ridiculous statement. The premise to all of your posts is that the "West is so much better than Thailand", " the West is so much more civillized than Thailand", "The West is a superior model of culture, law, businees ethics, etc, etc, etc than Thailand". Dude your unoriginal, uninspiring and an intellectual fraud. You view the West the same way the "Thailand can do no wrong" brigade which you obviously scorn does- through rose- tinted spectacles. Maybe it is time you vacated Thailand and moved back to the West.

Gadfly1 said:

Interesting sarcasm and actually humurous. But back on point, the more interesting question is why this sort of public abuse is more readily accepted in Thailand.

Seein as this is your premise why don't you start it off? If you can put your hurt feelings aside and actually post a credible rationale not based in ant-Thai biases then I would relish a discussion based on this premise.

Hi,

Against my better judgement...

"Why don't you simply point out why Batty did not display an act of cowardice."

Because he did not know what the argument was about, because he did not know what caused this incident, because he did not know the relationship of the people involved, because this could have seriously backfired on him, because it wasn't his fight.

Sanuk!

Uthai said:

I can't believe how many posters focus on JJ's style rather than debating him on the merits of his argument...pretty sad

Some here just love to hate me. Sort of a "GET JJSUSHI" group think. Too much substance in what I post which really pisses off the anit-JJsushi crowd. Can't fuck with the message, so let' shoot the fucking messenger because he pisses us off!

JJ, just to jump back on topic for a mo -

You are calling me a coward for not diving in when a fellow human being was being unfairly attacked, regardless of location, gender, age and all possible scenarios you think I am a coward for not jumping in.

I feel bad for not helping, even now. But in hindsight, I?m right. The fact is, I am not a coward by nature. This one isolated incident however does have previously stated mitigating factors that you have failed to agree upon... TIT, I am a ferrang, there was 20 odd Thai fellas standing about who didn?t help (which influenced my actions, or lack of), and the whole concept of fellangs not getting involved in Thai's business has been drilled into us all for a reason - they don?t like it. These are points you should agree upon, surely?

The scenario could easily have gone like this;

I run over, twat the guy, he goes down. A random Thai who takes issue with my attacking his fellow countryman (and sees an opportunity to prove he is not a coward) decides to have a pop at me, so I twat him to. Then another, then another, until someone handy pops up and Muay Thais me in the face. Whilst falling to the floor, a free for all ensues and half a dozen of them get stuck in. One thing I am sure of is that Thais don?t know when to stop.... its fair to say, don?t you think, that I could have been killed. And if not killed, the MIB may have turned up, seen one hurt fellang and 2/3 hurt Thais and nicked me. Cue a short stay in the monkey house and a bribe to get out.

Cowardice is a tad on the strong side to be fair JJ. Can you not concede that putting my life on the line for a girl who at worst had her nose broken, in a city full of people that don?t really like us fellangs too much, would be a little dumb? I feel bad for not helping, in the same way I would feel bad seeing at seeing an ascaped fucking lion rip apart a tourist at a zoo... but would I be a coward for not joing in then also?

Who knows JJ, there is probably an endless list of situations that I would feel unfazed about and have no problem with, where as you may run like a girl. And visa versa. I?m certainly no coward JJ, just please take my word for that.

Archived