free taxi ride

iuytrede

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

BB, where did he brag? The taxi driver quoted the original price of 100 Baht. It was not Sargon's fault that the taxi driver misjudged the distance and wanted more money.

If I quote a client an amount for some work and then halfway through notice that it will take me more time than expected, I cannot really expect more money either can I? If the client agrees, great!, but if not there is nothing I can do as we had agreed to the original amount. My fuckup for not estimating correctly.

The fact that Sargon lives in Sweden and that to the taxi driver 20 Baht is likely a decent amount of money is irrelevant to this discussion.

Sanuk!

So, you decide what is relevant and what is not ? :dunno:

Where did he brag ? "(still feels like a good deal)" sounds like bragging to me.....

Still you feel compelled to show yourself as an (irrelevant) example :p but I cannot argue that 20 Bt and no tip makes him a louzy customer ? right.

And if you want to compare, both you and the driver live on billing hours, he got stuck in traffic / took up longer / farther away and asks for more.

Same as you, bill by the hour, and I bill by the weight I sell.

BB

BB,

Sorry but I don't see any bragging either.

He simply accepted the amount the driver asked for. Nothing more.

It sounded like a good deal because usually the "broken-meter" drivers ask for a few Baht more, but not in this case, hence "good deal". That's my perception of his story.

KS was merely stating that it's only a fair thing to do to accept the agreed upon price. (relevant)

Nevertheless Sargon handed him a few extra Baht.

You on the other hand are comparing prices here and elsewhere (irrelevant)

Perhaps I should pay the rambutan seller at the market 20 Baht instead of her stated 15 cause around the corner it's a little more than that. If I do pay 15 Baht I screw her for 5 Baht don't I? ::

She asks X and I pay X, what's the fuss?

Hi,

Ok, let's try this again.

"So, you decide what is relevant and what is not ?"

Ok, please explain why the fact that Sargon lives in Sweden and that to the taxi driver 20 Baht is likely a decent amount of money is relevant to this discussion.

"Where did he brag ? "(still feels like a good deal)" sounds like bragging to me....."

You call that bragging? Guess we have a different concept of bragging. Keep in mind that that the *driver had originally quoted a lower amount and went back on his word*.

"Still you feel compelled to show yourself as an (irrelevant) example"

Please explain why my example is irrelevant? Aren't both of us providing a service?

"but I cannot argue that 20 Bt and no tip makes him a louzy customer ?"

If the taxi driver had initially quoted 150 Baht and Sargon bargained him down to 130, then I could kinda see your point. However, that is not the case. Sargon was quoted 100 Baht, and he eventually paid 130 Baht. Seems to me he paid a 30 Baht tip :)

"Same as you, bill by the hour"

No, I don't bill by the hour. I estimate how long a project will take, then take in account my hourly rate and give the customer a fixed amount.

Sanuk!

I've made the trip from Airport to Pratanum that many times I know the trip like the back of my hand. Had one guy after arriving back from Chiang Mai try and take me on the round trip of BKK ......tried to take me via Silom. Usually cost around 240 baht. I told him several times directions but he just kept playing dumb........oh sorry sir........oh sorry sir until I told him I knew my way around BKK better than he did.......that I think pissed him off and he somehow immediately knew his way. Got to Baiyoke and gave him 240 baht (only after getting bags out of trunk first step when dealing with Thai Taxi drivers who are trying to scam you) and he just kinda shrugged his shoulders and got back in his taxi. There was I think 380 on the meter and I usually just give them 300baht anyway so the only one he fucked over was himself. :nono: :nono:

KS,

LOL, I am sure we both can go another 3 or 4 rounds with relevant or irrelevant arguments and examples.

Point is that I made my point and so did you.

We both have different interpretations of the same post and have a different angle of the same situation, and that is good, otherwise it would be a gray world.

And whatever happens, I am sure you will come back and will need to have the last word.

( sorry - stole that punchline from your last argument with me :) )

BB

May I quote you from another thread, and in the same breath invite you for a :beer: ???

Zaad said:

MB,

Stop bringing up irrelevant stuff will you, that's not what this thread is about :dunno:

Well, it does reveal how you got your boardname :)

Bust1,

For fuck's sake stay away if you have squat to add.

BB

Archived