free taxi ride

iuytrede

hahaha BB,

What happened to your comprehension skills, boy?

The example I gave is relevant to the argumentation you offered (which was horribly skewed)

You refused to reply to it which proves my point.

Now if you try to debate and tell me that the given example is NOT relevant then we have something going here.

Bust1,

:)

Can you read? :)

Poor dude has no clue what's going on in most threads, stop using the smileys and type a few on topic post ;)

If you can tell me that the rambutan seller is NOT on topic then you have my apologies and I'll buy you a beer.

Now if you can't do this then just stick to posting smiley, something you do best around here. :)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

"Now if you try to debate and tell me that the given example is NOT relevant then we have something going here."

Yep, was hoping to see an answer to my questions as well, but I guess BB is realizing he has dug himself a hole and the more he posts on this subject he deeper the hole gets. :)

Sanuk!

:dunno: I guess it takes an idiot to dare another one in replying, so against my better judgement here goes :

1. "So, you decide what is relevant and what is not ?"

Ok, please explain why the fact that Sargon lives in Sweden and that to the taxi driver 20 Baht is likely a decent amount of money is relevant to this discussion.

I see that you skipped the answer by asking something else instead, but I'll reply to your question while still waiting a reply to mine : yes, he is indeed from Sweden and there are no taxis there (or anywhere else in Europe) are without meters, so by taking a non-metered taxi -even negotiating a fare before hand- he knew he was in for a "ride"..... Its LOS after all where nothing is ever taken for granted (need me to find 160 other examples on the board ?)

As for 20 Bt being a decent amount of money, do you even believe your own argument ? LOL

2. "Where did he brag ? "(still feels like a good deal)" sounds like bragging to me....."

You call that bragging? Guess we have a different concept of bragging. Keep in mind that that the *driver had originally quoted a lower amount and went back on his word*.

Like I explained before, different perceptions from different people, put it in context of the subject of the threat "free taxi ride", the way he "negotiated" a trip to 100 Bt, and then down from 150 to 130 Bt, that is definitely bragging to me. But he! YMMV of course.....

3. "Still you feel compelled to show yourself as an (irrelevant) example"

Please explain why my example is irrelevant? Aren't both of us providing a service?

I assume you are talking about yourself and the taxi driver, because I am not in a service industry. But by all means, please compare yourself with some education to a taxi driver with probably none. It wont be the first time someone would argue that Thais have a perfect conception and value of money......

4. "but I cannot argue that 20 Bt and no tip makes him a louzy customer ?"

If the taxi driver had initially quoted 150 Baht and Sargon bargained him down to 130, then I could kinda see your point. However, that is not the case. Sargon was quoted 100 Baht, and he eventually paid 130 Baht. Seems to me he paid a 30 Baht tip

Like I said, different perceptions..... maybe we should hear from sargon on this ?

5. "Same as you, bill by the hour"

No, I don't bill by the hour. I estimate how long a project will take, then take in account my hourly rate and give the customer a fixed amount.

Good on you then !

Are we done now ? :p

As for the rambutan post / argument / example.....

Its a free enterprise where prices are driven by offer and demand.

If you are willing to pay more for better quality or because its closer to home, be my guest.

Cheaper is not always better, the same goes with fruit, cars, flights, etc......

So, what the fuck does your example has any relevancy at all with the threat at hand ?????

BB

Zaad said: Now if you can't do this then just stick to posting smiley, something you do best around here. :)

The fact is sometimes that's about all that is needed to make a point. I don't know why you dragged me into your little tit for tat with BB but you did and I find the whole thing amusing hence the "rotf". I recognize your overwhelming need to adopt that I'm right and everyone else is wrong stance but hey I don't give a toss. I won't reply to you again because frankly I have better things to do than play egotistical games like a child. On the other hand.......................nah.........can't be bothered. :neener: :neener:.............oops nearly forgot....... :) just for you.

Bloody hell, it's not very hard to see Sargons true meaning. The whole notion of him being a tight fisted bugger is lost on me, truly.

He was quoted 100B, then told 150B. A 50% hike. Sargon rightly told the taxi driver that he would only pay 100B, to which the driver agreed. He still gave him 30B more than he should have. In my eyes, that is being kind. He is not rejoicing in a 20B saving in the slightest - he his humbly making a point that both of them are up on the deal... taxi driver receieved 30B more, Sargon saved 20B. Everyones a winner.

Bugger the exchange rates - it wouldnt matter if he was a millionare, its all about being fair without being a tight arse... Sargon demonstrated fairness, in my book.

Some people see this as 'glass half empty'. I see it as glass half full.

BB,

As for the rambutan post / argument / example.....

Its a free enterprise where prices are driven by offer and demand.

If you are willing to pay more for better quality or because its closer to home, be my guest.

Exactly BB and that is the point I'm trying to make clear. How can one scam, fuck, haggle, fool another if that very person states the amount?

you wrote:

WOW...... you haggled him out of 20 Bt ! And lemme guess..... no tip was given, right ? well done...... !

Driver asked for X and Sargon complied. Again, what's the fuss?

Should we now all be aware of prices and pay what we think is right (more in this case) regardless what's asked for? Come on, let's keep it simple, shall we?

Bust1,

You dragged yourself into it by ...as you yourself statd... posting smileys to make a point. I wanted to point out that the example had significance to the discussion, something you had obviously overlooked. No problem though, not uncommon.

I recognize your overwhelming need to adopt that I'm right and everyone else is wrong stance but hey I don't give a toss. I won't reply to you again because frankly I have better things to do than play egotistical games like a child.

?

Here we go again ...

Why don't you attack my posts and the content of it rather than me and what you believe the child games I play?

I think A and you think B, let's discuss that, give me your thoughts and I'll return you mine. In the end we may very well share the same opinion, then again, we may not, nothing lost anyhow. This board is our medium.

You on the other hand analyze the messenger too mutt if things don't turn pink like you want to, so please spare me the I'm-right-and-you're-wrong stance. That's what members post when they're lost for words.

Anyway, I'm in a good mood today so allow me to buy you a beer next time we meet.

:up:

Come :) on :) Zaad :) Bust1 :: should :: feel :D free :: to :) express :: himself :: however :hubba: he :drunk: wishes ::

Whats :: wrong :: with :: jumping :: in :o at the end :: of a thread and :: using animation as a communication?

:shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead

Hi,

"I guess it takes an idiot to dare another one in replying, so against my better judgement here goes :"

Guess it takes an idiot to respond as well :)

"I see that you skipped the answer by asking something else instead"

Ok, fair enough. I didn't answer as I thought the answer to it was obvious. It isn't 'who' decides what is relevant, but 'what'. Logic defines what is relevant.

"Its LOS after all where nothing is ever taken for granted"

Whether things are to be taken for granted or not was not the issue. The issue we are discussing is whether or not Sargon cheated the taxi driver out of 20 Baht.

Maybe I should break this down to the very basics...

A provider and a customer get into a contract, provider quotes a price, customer agrees. Halfway during the process of providinig the service the provider increases his previously quoted price by 50%. Customer is unwilling to pay 50% on top of hte *agreed upon* price, yet agrees to an additional 30%.

I ask again, where did the customer screw the provider?

"As for 20 Bt being a decent amount of money, do you even believe your own argument ? LOL"

Uh... I think it was you who implied that 20 Baht was a decent amount of money to a taxi driver when you said "you haggled him out of 20 Bt". And you are right, it is a decent amount of money for him. About the price of 1 meal, or maybe 8-10% of his daily income.

"Like I explained before, different perceptions from different people, put it in context of the subject of the threat "free taxi ride", the way he "negotiated" a trip to 100 Bt, and then down from 150 to 130 Bt, that is definitely bragging to me. But he! YMMV of course....."

Sargon did not negotiate a price of 100 Baht, the taxi driver *offered* it.

"But by all means, please compare yourself with some education to a taxi driver with probably none. "

Uh... are you saying that it *is* okay for a lowly educated person to break a contract and renegotiate a deal, but it *is not * for an educated person? That sounds an awful lot like discrimination.

"maybe we should hear from sargon on this ?"

And from Sargon's post in between the 2 of ours: "Some actually tries to give you an honest price. "

I'd say that backs up my view in that the taxi driver quoted the original amount. Sargon, is this correct?

"Are we done now ?"

Dunno, are you willing to admit that you were wrong? :)

Sanuk!

Archived