free taxi ride

iuytrede

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see it differently - he would indeed have been gullible if the driver had quoted 300B for a journey that should only be 100B and agreed.... or maybe more gullible if the driver had not quoted a price, leaving himself open to being tucked up... but he did neither of these things. He agreed 100B for a journey that should be around 100/150B. A 20B tuk-tuk outside the palace, J.Thompsons house or Museum would set alarm bells ringing, but a regular Taxi away the tourist trail quoting a fixed price...heck, I wouldn?t see a potential con with that. Do you honestly think most cabbies in BKK can be arsed to get into a dispute with a tourist in such a way? A 50B con? Bollocks. The driver simply quoted to cheap, realised it should be a little more, and got a little more. He simply misjudged the fair, that?s all. If he wanted to have a go at conning him, he would have quoted 100B and then asked for 250-300B. That?s a con. Taxi drivers in BKK have far more imaginative ways off conning punters than this.

I honestly can?t see why Sargon, the poor sod, is being judged so much on this thread! He just made a harmless post about the driver under quoting, and then asking for more... and Sargon gave him more, just not the required 50B. Again, both the driver and Sargon finished up on the deal!

about broken meters:

i once took a cab from Khlongtan to Seacorn and after a while figured there was some problem with the meter, because it went waaaay to slow, somehow it seemed stuck at 39 B. Then the driver reaklized it, too, and told me "meter broken".

When we arrived, he asked me how much the fare should be. I take this trip quite often so I paid him the usual fare. Everybody was happy.

khunsanuk said:

Hi,

"no need to use insults here, ok ?"

Do I need to remind you of this line?

"I guess it takes an idiot to dare another one in replying"

Don't tell me not to insult you *after* you have insulted me okay?

Sanuk!

5555555 something written in jest (I did included myself in the equation) is enough to justify yours ? LOL

It looks like this has nothing to do with the subject at hand, but this is getting too personal.

Fuck this, I know you banned already 2 members for personal reasons, I dont want to become the 3rd :(

Just continue your childish equations regarding right & wrong, whereas I give up pointing to discussion & perspective.

The thread -or whats left of it- is all yours ! :p

BB

Hi,

"Fuck this, I know you banned already 2 members for personal reasons, I dont want to become the 3rd"

I seriously resent you bringing up imaginairy charges to cover the fact that you cannot argue your case! You tell me which 2 people were banned for personal reasons!

If I would ban people for personal reasons this board would be dead in weeks, and you would have long been banned. Yet, you are still here.

I cannot afford to ban people for personal reasons and have never done so. I am certain you will bring up Fly, but he was *not* banned for personal reasons and it was a unanimous decision of the moderators to kick him off.

Sanuk!

Hi,

And I have nothing to hide. I do seriously detest you insinuating that I use my 'powers' as board owner to influence discussions.

If you wish to post such accusations, then back them up or shut up.

And, no, contrary what you think, I did not insinuate that you would be banned because I have a problem with you. I said that *if* I would stoop so low then I would have banned you a long time ago already.

While I, as a poster, cannot stand your stubbornness and occassional snipes, as board owner / Admin I have no problem with you as you have not broken any rules. I can distinguish between the 2 roles.

Sanuk!

Hi,

Sorry, BB, but I will not accept this. You are pretending to not want to make this personal and be 'the better man' by taking this to PMs, but of course you do this *after* you accuse me of banning people for personal reasons, thereby sowing the seeds of doubt.

By now suggesting we continue this by PM there will be people here who will keep doubts on whether or not your accusations are true as they will not be able to see my rebuttals.

If you were really sincere about all of this you would have taken this to PM *before* making those accusations.

Sanuk!

Archived