free taxi ride

iuytrede

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A non-existing case..... :p

KS,

This being a discussion board I do enjoy a discussion, except when all arguments have been said and they have to be re-hashed uselessly.....

Proclaiming childishly that there is a winner or a looser is pointless, I wrote twice already that I have a different perspective on this issue.

Its not about being right or wrong, as indeed my POV is as valid as yours.

Of course the driver quoted to Sargon a price of 100 Bt, WFT did I wrote that it was not the case ?

And I stand by my argument that this is Thailand and that by accepting a ride without meter, you will be taken for a "ride" as was the case. And that Sargon bragged about his ability to haggle prices down, and not paying a tip.

Whats wrong with pointing that out ?

So, in this thread, whatever happens, I will let you have the last word, I am done here.

BB

Hi,

BB, you are either too stubborn to admit you were wrong, or too stupid too see it.

I cannot imagine how you can still claim "that Sargon bragged about his ability to haggle prices down, and not paying a tip." after saying that "the driver quoted to Sargon a price of 100 Bt" seeign that Sargon paid the driver 130 Baht.

Sanuk!

Usually I go with my wife so there never is a problem. I recently went with the BF of a friend of the wife who came with us to Thailand and her daughter and wanted to take a taxi from MBK towards the bridge.

I know from before that the fair is about 80 bath. There was a long line waiting for a taxi so we asked a tuk tuk. He wanted 200 bath. We got out.

Then we went to the taxiline and got a taxi, he wanted 500 bath !

I had to laugh at that one. Yes we looked like tourists but come on :)

Then we got a taxi that put on the meter and the cost were 80 bath. He got 120. He was also very nice and he got to use the three english words he knew, and I got to use the few thai words I know.

BelgianBoy said:

yes, he is indeed from Sweden and there are no taxis there (or anywhere else in Europe) are without meters, so by taking a non-metered taxi -even negotiating a fare before hand- he knew he was in for a "ride"..... Its LOS after all where nothing is ever taken for granted (need me to find 160 other examples on the board ?)

As for 20 Bt being a decent amount of money, do you even believe your own argument ? LOL

BB

Hmmm, the meter was broken and he accepted the proposed charge of 100 baht (is that negociating a fare before hand?), what's wrong with that?????

Argument not closed.....

SARGON said:

Hi KS,

Yes, you are correct. The taxi driver directly quoted 100 baht without any discussion.

Surely this is like accepting a 20 baht tuk tuk ride for a 'tour' of bkk. I suggest the driver might have been trying to con the customer from the start and that the likelyhood that the meter was broken was slim, should not have been on the road if it was. Sargon knows, or should do, that it is never a good deal to get into a taxi when it's stated the meter is 'broken' he did so in an area with thousands of others because he thought it was a good deal. The driver was trying it on and sargon was gullible IMO. I must have used thousands of taxis by now and only had to use two with a 'broken' meter in very out of the way places. If something sounds too good to be true it usually is ::

Archived