Salaries and sponsors?

drogon

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I am with Torrenova pretty much here. But I will say there are tons of fools here, who will throw ALL their money at a girl, until they and or the girl run out. I know what I offered the now infamous Si Saket girl, it scares me to think I was that stupid. Thank god the offer was refused. None the less, there are severel idiots currently sending her money, who think she is home on the farm...sad is, despite all the income from sposors and work, she is still broke, spent it all, and will continue to do so...

I do know quite a few girls, who really rake in the money, 3-5K for a short or long timne, does occur with the right girl+punter+venue...5K for all night is less than an hour in a USA massage parlor "with extras" and any new, ill informed guy will think it a bargin, and maybe pay it for the right girl and if he thinks it "a one time thing."

Other than that, yes, these girls do lie! And as I said, sad is, most will end up with nothing...

I do agree, send nothing! No point to it, 99% will not stop unless you are here.

if you can visit her max 2 times a year for 2 or 3 weeks and you send her money an entire year you are stupid and a fucking looser! Everyone needs love, a body to lean on. Telephone/internet doesn't provide that. To believe a relationship could work out when you are able to see her 6 out of 52 weeks is simply stupid
Telephone/internet doesn't provide 'a body to lean on', but it does allow BGs to keep the illusion of a relationship alive. This is why I think sponsership is such a bigger issue these days.

Every sponsored BG I know is still on the game. I don't know a single exception. Many have multiple sponsors.

I have met some of the sponsors (at Gullivers, in a shopping mall or waiting in line to see a film), and everyone of these guys is convinced their Thai 'girlfriend" is 100% loyal. I try to maintain distance, but when you live here for as long as I have and spend time in NEP, you will inevitably run into a BG with her sponsor when you least expect it. The BGs are smooth and the guys in total denial.

If the topic even comes up (I never bring it up), I'll hear a comment along the lines of: "Oh, she works at a beauty salon, isn't that right?" "Yes". Facts confirmed, and there is no reason for me to create a problem even though I saw her frenching another guy while robbing his crotch two days ago in Rainbow 3 or - and this has happened several times - I bonked her myself a few days ago.

Maybe there are a few rare cases where BGs actually stop working in return for sponsorship funds, but I haven't seen it. And I have been here over 12 years. In virtually all of these situations, the guys are fooling themselves. The BGs think their Farang "boyfriends" are a joke. And I can understand why they see things that way.

Go into any urinal in NEP, and you'll you see an advert for express transfer of cash from Farangland to your BG in Thailand. Why does this service advertise in Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy so heavily instead of, say, Siam Paragon or Emporium?

Some BGs may exaggerate the amounts they get, but they are certainly still working in the bars. I know that because I see them in the bars. I see them run outside of the bars in search of a quiet place when a Farang sponsor calls. (Maybe there is a market here for a new product: a sound-proof booth for BGs to take calls while they are working?)

And some must be doing quite well when I see the kinds of things they buy. I ran into one BG yesterday with her Thai boyfriend ? I met her ?exclusive? Farang boyfriend/sponsor two weeks ago ? and the Thai boyfriend was fiddling around with a Nokia N91 mobile telephone the Farang sponsor bought the BG on his last visit. She thought maybe I could help them download some music. Since I would never even consider spending that kind of money on a telephone, I had no idea. They went on to the store ? where the Farang had bought the telephone ? and one of the clerks showed them how to do it. Maybe this was the same clerk who handled the sale when the BG bought the phone. If so, I wonder what he thinks?

Am I in love?

No as I do not really believe in that. (and can we define exactly what is this state?)

I like her a lot as she is different from the various women I met through the world.

Do I butterfly? No

I am perfecly conscious that spnsoring her without being there is not a good idea at all.

what am I thinking about when I speak about sponsoring?

I just came back from BKK, have to go back in October.

We decided that we will stay in contact till then and see if we change our minds.

Then if we still clik, I will invite her to visit my country because she admits being afraid by all the differences, culture, language, weather etc....If this trip has a good result, yes I will support her for the time she gets her visa for a longer stay.

What does she think about that and me?

She is cautious having been burned before.

She likes me but is not in love yet (I mainly do not understand thai but sometimes I understand what they are discussing....)

::

Does she have s*** with customers and still work in her bar?

Yes sure as it is her only source of income (that I am sure)

As it is soi 33, usually 3-4 customers pay LT on a monthly basis.

If I ever get a job in BKK, things will maybe be easier, maybe not.

Time will tell but we are both ready to do some efforts and she wants another future than just bars.

OK, now salaries. The March-April edition of AMCHAM's magazine, "Tabs", has a chart on monthly salaries for local IT specalists (pp. 15-16). I am not an IT guy so I am not really sure what some of these jobs entail, but here are some of the figures:

- Helpdesk Support (well I understand this - I use this sort): 27,000 - 35,000 Baht monthly.

- Network Administrator - 48,000 to 60,000 (either these figures are too low, or we're paying too much for our guy).

- IT Director - 160,000 to 200,000 +

I suspect these salaries are very low by US standards.

In the financial sector, for someone good, you will pay well over 100,000 Baht a month. I talk to my friends in the big accounting and law firms, and they say the same thing (usually putting a "2" where I put a "1").

Now what about BGs? I have met street smart and savvy BGs, but I haven't met any that can do these kind of jobs. If not for the nightlife industry, they would be working in a factory for a pittance of what they make in NEP or some ricefield in Issan for an even smaller pittance.

The p4p scene provides very high incomes to a group that would otherwise be making a small fraction of what they make working in places such as Pattaya, Nana or Soi Cowboy. Many here (in Thailand) like to avoid this truth, but that doesn't change this truth.

Maybe this would be a good place to provide a link to the thread in the News section about the article where the government announced its plan to sharply slash spending on education.

BGs know their career might not be that long; so they try to get as much money as they can by way of customers and sponsors if they can.

If I ever thought of settling down with a BG I would give it the test; send in one of my pal?s incognito and see if she will give it up for a few Baht. I?m 99% sure how the story will end up. Like I have said in my previous post I have a favorite BG that I see every time I?m in LOS but I don?t send her squat when I?m not there.

:o

Hua nguu, you are indeed correct and the previous posters incorrect with relation to the particular bar that is being discussed in this case. It is a long term BF so you can take the girl out when ever you like without paying the regular daily BF each time. A bit of a gamble as the girl might move bars or you might fall out or whatever. But seeing as the daily BF for show girls in the bar in question is now 700 baht i think it would'nt take long to get your money back if you where a regular and then it would start paying for itself. I think last i heard it was 13,000 baht at the bar in question?

Again in this particular case it is nothing what so ever to do with the girl being allowed to quit for good! They can do so at any time.

Simie.

Gadfly1 said:

Telephone/internet doesn't provide 'a body to lean on', but it does allow BGs to keep the illusion of a relationship alive. This is why I think sponsership is such a bigger issue these days.

Sponsorship is a bigger issue these day because home in Farang County the girls are emancipated and the girls use their brains before they spread their legs and some less attractive man already gave up to speak to a stranger in the bar because the reaction is always the same. Then he goes to Thailand where the girls have no other choice than beeing nice to him, he offers her the possibility of an long term income for 'staging' a relationship because tomorrow he gotta go home for the next 6 months. Illusion or not, he is spending 600 USD or more for nothing, for conversations on the phone which are freaking expensive unless he doesnt use VoIP services. I have zero respect for those guys and neither have the girls. He will be recognized as "Djai Dee Man" ..."he take good care me" but when he can't stay with her he will loose her and his money!

Gadfly1 said:

Every sponsored BG I know is still on the game. I don't know a single exception. Many have multiple sponsors.

I would not second that! Because there is a major difference between Bangkok AGogo Sluts and Pattaya/Phuket Beer Bar Girls. The term Bar Girl should not be used for the entire scene! I am out of the game with a GTG but i know many Pattaya girls in private and I would put my hand in the fire for the most of them that nothing is going on when their Telak'jaa has left the country. The most of them go home and spend time with their kids and families, while in BKK these hookers don't even change the bar!

My ex, which i had sponored, got a tatoo with my name on her shoulder after 2 weeks, after I broke up with her she tried to go with countless customers but she couldn't, she always ended up on my door step crying like a baby, she even started to work in a factory to forget the entire scene, she called me in a period of 2 months 5-10 times every single day. This was 6 months ago, last week I saw her again and she couldn't stop crying for minutes. This girl was/is in love with me, she knew the money I give her is not as much as the money she makes in the bar but she got herself a "nice guy", a handsome with a good job and he can actually stay with her 80% of the year. She would have done nothing bad to jeopardize that! When I went to the Airport she went to the domestic airport. I talked to her every day for at least 2 hours via skype.com. If she'd been anywhere else but home than I would have heard it on the phone, since her baby, her mommy and the dog and the chicken where always to hear in the background!

So when you say that all of these girls are scamming their sponsors you either way know the wrong girls or you are in the wrong city or maybe it is a combination of both. NEP is not a place to fall in love, NEP is a place to have fun... nothing else!

drogon said:

I like her a lot as she is different from the various women I met through the world.

actually that sounds kinda romantic!

I still would wait untill untill you can be more certain about her feelings.

[color:"red"] Ask her what she would do when you sponsor her. Would she go home to the family, would she leave BKK for you? Would she destroy her SIM Card for you so that her old customers could not call her anymore??? [/color]

If not don't waste your time and money, she would still go with Farangs.

one of my buddies is a thai old hand with more than 20years of trips under his belt. he always swore he would never never even contemplate sending a thai BG any money.

Then he met this gal from the Roadhouse bar at Nana and for some inexplicable reason got taken in by this gal with her bullshit.

Starts sending her money every month because she told him she was back home waiting for him to come back .

Now every time he rang her up there was music playing in the background, she explained this away as they were having a party back home.

I had to give him a severe talking to to bring him to his senses.

Then the penny droped and he came to his senses.

He had become cuntstruck about this gal at the time but now he is ok.He always thanks me for saving his cash now and cant believe how stupid he was at the time.

so it can happen to anybody even an oldhand who knows the ropes when they become cuntstruck about a gal

I think like most things in life, everyone has their own journey to follow.

Some will get burnt while others will refuse to get taken because they're either smart or have learnt by others mistakes, and a few will find happiness. I really don't think there is any formula here just all part of the game.

Archived