Middle East crisis.

Guest baldrick

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listening to c-span here. Congressman making short speeches (dems and Republicans) all support israel so far.

Some have not forgotten the 257 americans killed by hezbollah with one bomb in beirut, and the 19 killed in Kobar towers. (I didn't realize hezbollah was behind the kobar tower attack; were they?)

Israel has a real friend with the US gov that is for certain.

Bush is an Evangelical. They believe the return of the Jews to the Holy Land is necessary before the Second Coming. Thus they generally support Israel without question.

Meanwhile ...

THE NATION

20 July 2006

Thai worker hurt, more flee from violence in Gaza

A Thai worker in southern Israel was slightly injured by a rocket fired from Gaza on Tuesday, while 74 workers were evacuated from the conflict zone in the northern border area near Lebanon, the Thai ambassador to Tel Aviv said yesterday.

Puey Chareonying, a native of Buri Ram, was hit in the knee by a piece of shrapnel from a rocket fired from the Palestinian side of the border at about 3am on Tuesday, Ambassador Kasivat Paruggamanont told reporters in a telephone conference.

Puey received brief treatment before being released from hospital, the ambassador said.

Puey worked in plantations in southern Israel along with five other Thai workers.

Thai workers in the north of the country have faced a heightened security threat since Israel launched air strikes against the militant Shi'ite group Hezbollah in Lebanon.

The Thai Embassy has evacuated 74 workers from Israel's northern border area to its central region.

There are about 1,500 Thais working in northern Israel, the ambassador said, adding that another 50 would be evacuated soon.

In total, about 25,000 Thais work in Israel, mainly in the agricultural sector, Kasivat said.

Another 11 Thais arrived in Syria from Lebanon yesterday, raising the number evacuated from the conflict zone to 26, the Foreign Ministry said. Three more will arrive soon, the ministry said.

Watching Israel flatten Lebanon , I wonder why the USA supports Isreal,

I almost think this was planned months if not years in advance ,

From one soldier getting kidnapped- no mention of him latelt- they are destroying a country.

And the USA is getting pulled in because its a "war on terror"

BULLSHIT , its the Jews fucking over their neighborhood , and then expecting others to pick up the pieces :(

Stop all USA support of the Jews ,

OC

rant over.....

I remember when President Jimmy Carter dared to criticise Israel over something -- Lebanon, I think. It was primary time for the next presidential election and Carter was the incumbent. But as soon as he spoke against Israel's actions, NY state voted for Ted Kennedy in the primary!

The message wasn't lost. Jews do not control America, no matter what anyone says. But they are mainly located in big cities in states with plenty of electoral votes -- and thus have a lot of political clout.

Just read an interesting report on line about the US citizens being evacuated from Lebanon, most of them Lebanese-Americans and Christians. They are decidedly pissed off about what is going on, wondering why they have to suffer for the actions of Islamic radical loonies.

p.s. Buchanan is an old fashioned conservative, the kind who thinks the US government should mind their own business. Unfortunately, the new breed of conservatives thinks differently. :(

There are numerous American jews who have moved to Israel so there are a lot of strong ties there. Also, Israel has supported America, good or bad, internationally. Israeli secret service has given our CIA a lot of information and help over the years as well. There is a lot of trade between the nations. Point is, there are strong ties in a variety of areas. Also, its the only democracy in the region and we usually like our fellow democracies.

Also, as its been noted, the jewish vote in America is in important areas. The cuban and jewish vote in south Florida is crucial to any one with Presidential aspirations. The Florida vote was important before '00 and since that election its become even more important. Its one of 2 or 3 states that a candidate MUST have and therefore our stance regarding Cuba and Israel stays the same no matter who is in the white house. If I recall part of the reason it was said taht Bush 41 (the elder Bush) lost to Clinton was because he threatened to cut aid to Israel if they didn't adhere to some concessions he was trying to hammer out. Different groups have significant say in American politics and I think its unfair to say the jewish vote or jewish lobby as some say are the ones in control. Big oil is significant. The trade unions, black votes for the democrats, the elderly, etc. all have a big say in who gets elected. 'Soccer moms' (basicaly suburban, middle class women with children) helped put Clinton over the top it was also said and it was said it kept Bush in the white house in '04 because Rove was able to convince them national security after 911 was important.

I still say find a way to ween ourselves off their oil and leave the region physically. History has shown when the region is without an outside agitant to unite them, they fight amongst themselves.

That is my point here Steve, let them fight amongst themselves, kill eachother what ever, end their differences once and hopefully for all. What I don't get is, if the Jews really controll everything, then why don't we have a Jewish president? Why did Gore/Lieberman lose to Bush...and why do so many W.A.S.P.s hold major power roles...or let me guess "...they work for the jews, goyum stooges in the Zionist plot..." some crap like that...

Archived