WARNING! Customs at Suvarnabhumi

llso

These are the 2 guys who posted it on Thai Visa...as you can see, both fairly low post counts, making it probable they joined for the purpose of starting a prank...didn't think of that rerally, as bribes/shake downs are sometimes an occurrance. Wonder what the point of it is? Here they are...

fat boy slim 2006-10-17 14:40:11 Post #1

Group: Members

Member No.: 31,423

martinhuahin 2006-10-15 13:03:25 Post #1

Group: Members

Member No.: 30,593

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think its a put up,

not that shit like this does not happen , but this one is pushing it,

But its easy for the Customs guys to see your Duty Free bags , and if they are too heavy looking , then question you,

Duty Free is not really "duty free"

just because some airport will sell you smokes or booze does not mean you are allowed to import into the next country.

OC

As I was reading this thread I thought I had discovered why the bags take so long to get from the air plane to the conveyor belts. The bags were being searched in an effort to find contraband so that the police could shake down the tourists.

As it turns out, the police/customs guys are simply hitting on the tourists carrying shopping bags. At least that is what I got out of this thread. Or its a hoax as dog and OH pointed out.

Whatever. I'm just happy that i can still safely pack my contraband in my luggage :cool:

Yeah, but I double checked the post counts on Thai visa, when I see a guy with 10 or so posts ranting like that, it is as though he joined a board just to post that 1 thing. Happens here as well. I am not saying it cannot happen, but it does sound odd...but as I said, break the rules, pay the price...

It looks to me, after reading all, that the cigs were in a "Duty Free" white and blue bag (that's the only colors I remember as I never shop in any of them). Yellow now comes to mind.

Anyway, if one is carrying a 'Duty Free' bag thru Customs, they should get what they deserve.

And I have found cigarettes cheaper at home country than so called 'Duty Free'. Although I have no knowledge of Dubai or UAE.

And the Marlboro's of LOS do not compare to the real/regular Marlboro's.

Did this whole thing actually happen? Who knows. There are so many incorrect "internet" stories out there. And mostly fake.

The best one I got from a friend was a picture of the US Marines praying at a funeral of a fallen friend. The caption read: ACLU Bans Marines from Praying. Did a Google search. The story was completely fake. A total fraud. Completely made up. Yet, those that sent (fwd) the email believed it. And most of those who recieved it believed it.

Wait . . . I am off topic . . . :topic:

Archived