Can`t read the menue

buffalo_bill

Gentlemen ,

whenever I went out for lunch/dinner with my lovely Nok , to forget about hotel restaurants , she could not read the menue cause it's all written in English . Are we in Thailand or where . I am going to ring the Committee for National Pride to shoot all restaurant owners who handle it like that . Me angry them .

BuBi

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gentlemen ,

whenever I went out for lunch/dinner with my lovely Nok , to forget about hotel restaurants , she could not read the menue cause it's all written in English . Are we in Thailand or where . I am going to ring the Committee for National Pride to shoot all restaurant owners who handle it like that . Me angry them .

BuBi

There are a lot of Thai people which are not able to read Thai too!

Thats why it is written often in English or German! :hmmm:

English is the official business language.

what a nonsense! Thai is the only official language in Thailand!

a restaurant with menue only in english just wants to position itself to cater for foreigners.

or often foreign restaurant owner/chefs are just plain lazy of not capable to translate into thai even with the help of their thai staff. i have also seen very funny or totally missed translations into Thai

In addition all exit passport form and entry forms they make my wife fill out in English, they refused last trip to accept thai at thai immigration!

I have always thought THAT is the weirdest thing. I mean, in Taiwan, China, Korea or Japan the cards can be filled out in the local characters or in block letters. :dunno:

Cheers,

LT

In addition all exit passport form and entry forms they make my wife fill out in English, they refused last trip to accept thai at thai immigration!

That is plain strange!

When I came into LOS on Sunday, I had my address in Thai and that was OK. The other items were in English.

TIT...

Archived