Norwegian beaten into coma in Pattaya

Ed Zeppelin

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It doesn't seem to be a good time for Norwegians in Pattaya right now. I think this one was contending for the Darwin awards:

http://www.pattayacitynews.net/news_02_01_51_4.htm

What an astonishingly stupid person! Drink does make people do strange things, but stupid people do stupid things regardless of alcohol. This guy is obviously a total dumbass.

FIGJAM, nice parody.

Las Vegas, U.S.A. - A half Thai/half American young woman was beaten by four American men following a car accident in which the woman, driving her SUV, and the men were involved.

The woman remained unconscious at the local Hospital.

Rescuers found her unconscious body in a bush behind the road fence, police said.

A witness told police that the woman was beaten up by four local men in the early evening of the New Year's Eve and they carried her body into the bush and fled on their car.

----------

My comments: Fine. I'm sure that's the story from one point of view. And the others'?

NOTE: (to idiots who think otherwise:) I am NOT automatically defending the Americans. I just want to know all sides before making judgment!

I need to hear both sides to make a judgment. I take NOTHING at face value.

The only thing which I would say at this point is: she had zero mates nearby to help her. Som nam na.

:thumbup: :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Good thing it didn't happen in the Motor City or that sista woulda given those punks a beat down and popped a cap in their asses. And, if they didn't like it they can just leave Deeeetroit and never come back.

'Its a knack that us Brits have...we can have a conversation with anyone about anything and always end up talking about the war or toilets'

and the weather comes a close 3rd..... :thumbup:

Arsenal fits in that top 3 somewhere I think. :)

Joking aside. I have to ask this. With the thousands of falangs in Pattaya, what percentage are indiscriminatley dragged and beaten into a coma? I'm not saying I think the thais are innocent or not, just that it just doesn't sound right to me. It could very well be that simple. I'm not willing to say as yet and my gut instinct says there is more to the story. My gut is sometimes wrong but mostly right.

All I can say about what I know about inner city neighborhoods is that its Darwinian for the most part. Everyone isn't tough. Almost all are street smart.

The thugs or toughest guys usually are the ones that end up killed or beaten sooner rather than later and if they are not they build a rep and live on a little longer and then its killed later than sooner. The rest of us are just tyring to survive and not catch the attention of the thugs. We (and I'm including myself) put on a front to seem tougher than we are to make others think twice. You have to. Its like those animals in nature that puff out a part of their body to seem bigger to predators or snakes that mimic a dangerous snake. The cool guys and thugs wear long white tees and sagging jeans so you do. Plus women, no matter where they are attracted to alpha males so you dress for them as well. Years of living there does give you an edge even if you're not one of the thugs.

Outside the community you seem like you are a hard guy and in some ways you are compared to them and how they grew up.

Even amongst the thugs there was a pecking order. There were some guys certain hard guys just wouldn't mess with.

I've learned from seeing a bit of America and a bit of the world that the ghetto is the the ghetto is the ghetto. I got a chance to see just about every major city in the U.S. from my track days at school and since we recruited from all over the country, there was someone on the team that was either from that city or had a relative there. I've seen every ghetto, west and south side Chicago, east St. Louis, Watts, Compton, south Dallas, south Bronx, Bed Stuy brooklyn, and I realized you can get shot or beaten up just as easily in all of them. of it.

I've also done a bit of traveling and there are hard guys EVERY where of EVERY religion and race. There are guys in the ghettos of Bangkok, Lagos, council estates of London and Liverpool that are every bit as hard as guys I knew in flatbush Brooklyn and north Philly and sometimes worse.

Sometimes they don't have to be from the worst areas. Tough is tough. Its sometimes a frame of mind and not gotten from having to survive a bad area.

Physical size isn't everything in this day of knife and guns. Mob bosses aren't the biggest guy physically in the crime family but they are the guy who can order around guys twice their size. How did they get to be the boss then? If I were a big guy back and a guy much smaller than me was mouthing off huge warning signals would go off in my head. If its obvious you can beat a guy physically he has some advantage, some equalizer that is not readily known. Could be a gun, friends nearby, something. Just my opinion.

Guest lazyphil

tough is tough (not me as you know, cowards live longer, i've not had a scratch since i was in a playground scuffle at 13 :smirk: ) as you say and you dont have to come from a city with a rep, be it london, los angeles, lagos etc....i know a lad who i grew up with on a modest size council estate (no, not a crack infested ghetto!) in a fen village, he was kicking the shit out of 25 year olds at 13 years old, no knives or weapons, just his fists (never made threats or talked tough, just got on with it), he was a lunatic and good looking, had tons of women!. he put down a gang of pikies robbing a cornershop in the village (there is two pikie/travellers camps on the outskirts of the village), they all (4 of them) had baseball bats and he disarmed them all and pinned one down till the police came. he was a local hero for that despite not being the best loved fella. he eventually went down for GBH in another incident and the family of those gypos were in the same prison an they overpowred him and poured hot cooking fat down his back, he eventually dealt with them. i have no doubt in my mind he'd go into any american ghetto and have zero fear of anyone.

Archived