Park entrance fees slashed

elef

Whatever. You are entitled to your opinion. But comparing the tax bills of sustenance farmers with corporate executives is pretty ridiculous innit? Or do you think all Thais to be squeaking by on B5k/mo? :banghead:

I'm outta here. Y'all go back to your consternation that the world is out to get you and someone may charge you a $1 too much. Don't blame me when you have a heart attack that'll cost ya B100k cuz you're so anal. 5555555555

Cheers,

SD

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry that you hang out with a bunch of unemployed bums. That's not the case in my circles.

You better get out of your circles then or maybe open your eyes. I was talking about "most Thais", not all Thais, and definitly not had your hi-so "friends" in mind. Hard to understand was it? Godness...

Following your logic that this system is racist, how would they know to charge the Burmese a higher fee? They don't look farang -- heck, they pretty much look Thais from the western provinces. And what do Burmese have to do with crotchety old farangs? Why are you changing the subject?

You argued the system is not racist, and I never said it was, just unethical.So since we have established it is not racist, then a Burmese should pay 20x your millionaire Thai friends. And yeah, many Burmese pass as Thais, but most are quite identifable as Burmese. Maybe not easy for you though, who only hang in hi-so circles. No subject change here, but you seem to have a discussion with yourself regarding racism. Maybe you should start another thread for that?

Sorry you can't read. You may wanna try here and then come back in a few months when you're ready to play with the big boys.

SD

Oh so clever Suadum, giving a written advice to someone who can't read. And yes, I am looking forward to play with the big boys. Are you really, really big Suadum? More than 150kg? To bad your intelect is so small...

Paillote

Mate, I am sure I could buy & sell you any day I want...

Go dream of F in your Y seat and language school teacher's salary.

And no, I do not pay the extra charge to go to Muay Thai bouts. I just don't go there. No interest. Next question.

Cheers,

SD

End of story. It is all right then. The great Suadum is not affected by dual pricing. Nothing else matters.

For beeing an average salary man you sure have a big mouth. Would like to see you buy out Dullnight. You just might afford his bedroom...

Paillote

"Go dream of F in your Y seat and language school teacher's salary."

:wanker: You wish...

If memory serves me...aren't you a gazillionaire multi national type...Corsican turned French man, who drinks bottles of pang Mak wine with that other French guy? Or have I been kicked in the head too many times?

I have tons of wine, a lot of it really expensive, just ask Coss. Some of the shit I have is really rare...sort of odd how I got it all, friends in the wine and restaurant business. And I worked security at a wine tasting recently. Also, my neighbor's dad who is a wealthy Chinese guy, heard I had lots of wine, and thus gave me a few bottles when I help his daughter fix her car, cute girl, never did bang her, as she had "standards."

Anyway, I traded a bunch of this wine for other wines, which then got me even more wine. Odd is, as I am an alcoholic, sober 3+ years now thank you, I don't even drink the stuff, hence I gave a lot of it to Coss when he was here. We should have used some of it to get that Aussie girl drunk, and spit roast her proper, but we didn't. see, we are the type of guys who get so much quality poon, that we didn't neeed to stoop that low.

Speaking of my Chinese neighbor, god does she look hot prancing around in her little bikinni, I went to a really good Chinese place in Oakland the other night, very select menu, more banquet style food, but very good, a bit pricey, but well worth it, and I rarely say that.

I had the Fish Maw and shredded duck soup, and a squid dish, $24 with the tip, but well worth it, and I had some to take home for later. oh...I am rambling here...what were we talking about? oh yeah, whining, not wine...and Thai national park fee double pricing...I'm against it.

It seems to me that Suadam is the one being attacked more often here. See...ya mess with a guys $5 and ya pays the consequenses.

But, at the end of the day he is right...national parks upkeep are paid mostly through taxes and tourists don't pay taxes...so they pay higher entrance fees. I'm with ya on the for profit places, but this seems fairly simple.

The comment that "most" Thai's don't pay taxes is hard to believe. Got any proof on that. I suppose it's possible those villagers living off their bargirl daughters may be in that category but Thai's with jobs in offices (millions in Bangkok alone) all pay taxes...so how could "most" Thai's not pay taxes.

And those bum leecher monkeys sitting in their dirty shacks in Issan are probably not doing much travelling around the country visiting National Parks anyway.

OH,

Please be aware that although I have no personnal relationship whatsoever with the mediterrannean island you mentionned, your post saddened me deeply.

Upon leaving this beautiful capital widely known as Paris, I did actually sell my wine cellar -or more precisely traded it for 2 years rental in a shared secondary office I hardly ever set a foot in. Although unspoken in world mass medias, this was a true tragedy, especially that whereas in France our almost daily sins could be had for 30 to 60euros a bottle via a couple of sale distribution networks (internet and auctions ), the prices in BKK are ridiculously high in comparison. Hence I've become lately some kind of Singha gobbling bum. Life is harsh, I shall agree.

Now if you bring to BKK a few of those fine wine bottles and also of course your sexy chinese neighbour, we might be able to strike a deal.

Just do not forget the 7%VAT, this is Thailand , a wonderful country of tax abiding citizens.

...But, at the end of the day he is right...national parks upkeep are paid mostly through taxes and tourists don't pay taxes...so they pay higher entrance fees. I'm with ya on the for profit places, but this seems fairly simple....

following this logic, A national park in the USA that charges me $20 to enter should charge a foreigner $200 or $400 to enter. The excuse I have been given by Thais and Gutless farangs for the double pricing is "...farang have more money..." Which is the same justification for charging more for farangs at private venues as well. And that is exactly how I see it.

To me, if you want to promote tourism, show your culture, and natural beauty, you don't charge the foreigners 10-20Xs the price. If Farangs stop visiting the parks, then who will foot the bill? Didn't Flash say the double pricing wasn't always the case? More of a "recent" phenomenon?

Archived