Bar Girls & the Expat

FreeTime

A GTG wouldn't be interested in the money side of it. .

I disagree. Although you are right that they do want real love' date=' I think GTG are interested in the money side as well. For most it is a matter of security more than greed, but money none the less.[/quote']

Ok, MS and DN...I can only give examples from the 2,500 or so middle class Thais I know and have talked to about this subect at points. I could be wrong though.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yikes. The sarcasm is dripping on my head! :content:

My Thai wife definitely married me for love not money, as she dated guys much richer than me, but yet I was the one she picked (here in the U.S.).

But don't you think there is a difference between security and greed and that even GTG want security? Human nature I think.

<<

Problem with Thai men is they will not marry a wife who is better educated than they are. That really limits the gals chances. As a result, the university faculties are filled with spinsters or with women who married some Thai buffalo just to have children.

snip>>>

Flash,

I see it slightly differant than that, in my experience it is Thai women will not marry a husband who is less educated than themselves not the otherway around.

Amongst my wifes female friends (Thammasat Grads, MA overseas) approx 60% of them are the 30 something spinsters that you refer to and out of the married ones foreign husbands outnumber Thai husbands 2:1.

Chappie,

This is something I have been saying for years, the disproportionate amount af Female Grads compared to Males.

Its the Thai way, whilst "Boys can be Boys" the females are pushed a lot harder, helping at home from a young age and then in education so it is not surprising that there are more female graduates.

Thinking back to a FJ thread a few weeks ago "How Many Gays do you Know?" I happened to mention that through my wife and her friends I know quite a few Gay Thais and that got me thinking just now. There are four gay guys in the social group and they all had some form of overseas education, maybe they were effeminate from a young age :dunno:

"Ok, MS and DN...I can only give examples from the 2,500 or so middle class Thais I know and have talked to about this subect at points. I could be wrong though. "

Faustian,

you could do the same study with 2500 chickens, or even plastic tables you would probably find out the same result. It mostly reflects your own loath for money. Be less biaised and you would notice there is some good GF/wife material around which have some financial and material ambition in life, probably including including the 2500 or so thai girls you interviewed so complacently.

Man, I hate this, but have to agree with DN. :doah:

Faussy, you mean to tell me you *never* buy stuff for your GF, and none of the "2500" ever want some gift or whatnot from their BFs? That would be a first in history. ALL women from ALL cultures demand tokens of affection. Even in the animal kingdom this is true!

Cheers,

SD

Thinking back to a FJ thread a few weeks ago "How Many Gays do you Know?" I happened to mention that through my wife and her friends I know quite a few Gay Thais and that got me thinking just now. There are four gay guys in the social group and they all had some form of overseas education, maybe they were effeminate from a young age :dunno:

A majority of the male English majors I've taught have been gay, some not even obviously so.

:dunno:

Archived